Ps3 help!

Could somebody please send me the PM, ive got a 60gig yellow light probs not working cheers

ive just rang sony with a second faulty ps3, the guy on the phone sounded a bit nervous he kept repeating himself, exchange will be here tomorrow he said, hehehe

hopefully anyway!!

ill keep you all posted

astra99
can you send me the info to get my ps3 sorted thanks

Why does the information have to be sent by PM, it means I cant get it that way!

please please, I'm in dire need of this... Could you email it me on [email protected]

Thanks

cause if its posted..if u type broken ps3 in google. you'll end up with people comin and going takin the info and then sony will find out soon and everybody will be screwed..less people know the better..

firemouth someone i know tired to do this but they said his serial was out off date.his is an 80 gig one.any ideas bud..waitin to find out what they said and what he said..without doin this myself im needin to ask yourself bud so i can help him

Why does the information have to be sent by PM, it means I cant get it that way!

please please, I'm in dire need of this... Could you email it me on [email protected]

Thanks

heres the info i got mate but change the chchg03 with cechm03 as this is the 80gb model number and the 80gbs are still under warenty good luck

1.you need to phone sony exchange,..and tell them you bought the box from,.E.G,..argos,etc,etc.6 months ago,.then you had the problem you have been explaining on the forum!

2. they will go through the rebooting procedure with you,..but as i no,. and they no,.. it will not work.

3. after this they will tell you a exchange will be required,..as it,s in warrenty.

4. they will require you ps3 seriel number,..use this 1 FOR A 40 GIG ONE and change few digits,..08--274 -30370-052-8506-CHCHG03 " DONT CHANGE CHCH03 THO",..as this states it,s a 40 gig ps3.

5.next they will give you a delivery date/time.

6. the courier will arrive with a sealed box you must open it,..then put your faulty 1 inside then seal it up.

thats it,...nothings checked by the couriier,..or sony exchange they will refurbish your faulty 1.

Last edited:
Just say i want to trade my big fat ugle ps3 for a slim will they do that anyone no...????lol

I have the ps3 40g that does not play ps2 game which is a total pis@ off anyway round this can i get 60g harddrive that does support ps2 game and stick it in my ps3 as i have loads off ps2 games ..

Last edited:
heres the info i got mate but change the chchg03 with cechm03 as this is the 80gb model number and the 80gbs are still under warenty good luck

1.you need to phone sony exchange,..and tell them you bought the box from,.E.G,..argos,etc,etc.6 months ago,.then you had the problem you have been explaining on the forum!

2. they will go through the rebooting procedure with you,..but as i no,. and they no,.. it will not work.

3. after this they will tell you a exchange will be required,..as it,s in warrenty.

4. they will require you ps3 seriel number,..use this 1 FOR A 40 GIG ONE and change few digits,..08--274 -30370-052-8506-CHCHG03 " DONT CHANGE CHCH03 THO",..as this states it,s a 40 gig ps3.

5.next they will give you a delivery date/time.

6. the courier will arrive with a sealed box you must open it,..then put your faulty 1 inside then seal it up.

thats it,...nothings checked by the couriier,..or sony exchange they will refurbish your faulty 1,..then either use for a exchange or sell on.

Great info mate,

I just tried this and got told i need to produce a receipt as i could have purchased my 40g PS3 in the last 6 months lol

I did use the code 02-2734 03703117385 cechgo3

I didnt tell them what gig it was but they found out from this.

I also gave them all my details!!

Any one with any codes please and also what i should do about giving my detials ?

Many thanks :)

Great info mate,

I just tried this and got told i need to produce a receipt as i could have purchased my 40g PS3 in the last 6 months lol

I did use the code 02-2734 03703117385 cechgo3

I didnt tell them what gig it was but they found out from this.

I also gave them all my details!!

Any one with any codes please and also what i should do about giving my detials ?

Many thanks :)

i replaced the numbers with ones from my 40gb model and it worked so thats worth a try mate.

On my ps3 it says CECHG03

thats what i used,

I guessing i messed up by using a g instead of m,

Shall i try again, but they have my details now ?

thanks

sorry mate yeah its cechgo3 thats what tells sony its a 40gb so give the same serial but with with the cechm03 instead and youll be fine.

sorry mate yeah its cechgo3 thats what tells sony its a 40gb so give the same serial but with with the cechm03 instead and youll be fine.

Ok thanks for that, shall i give a diffrent name and email address, ill have to keep my address the same for delivery though, do you think they will clock on ?

Ok thanks for that, shall i give a diffrent name and email address, ill have to keep my address the same for delivery though, do you think they will clock on ?

na mate i phoned up about 5 times till i clicked on it was the 40gb serial part thay was stopping me everytime replaced it with the 80gb part and that was me 1st time.

I have a 60gb, what do I do?

Do I just use all of my serial apart from the cechc03 which I replace with what? cechm03? and do I say its an 80gb? but wont that be a refurb 80, when I want a refurb 60?

Last edited:

Do I just use all of my serial apart from the cechc03 which I replace with what? cechm03? and do I say its an 80gb? but wont that be a refurb 80, when I want a refurb 60?

You'll have no chance of getting a 60gb one mate, it'll be 80gb or nowt i'm afraid.

they dont refurb 60gbs animore mate from what ive heard so think ur only choice is an 80.

na mate i phoned up about 5 times till i clicked on it was the 40gb serial part thay was stopping me everytime replaced it with the 80gb part and that was me 1st time.

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!

THANKS ALOT GUYS,

The only thing that concerns me is that they said the couier will check the serial numbers upon delivery ???

Back