Ps3 help!

so what did you say to the courier when he came then?

just said to him
"wot no exchange console your supposed to be dropping one off as well"

he said "No"

so told him
" aw well I got this one going again anyway so your not taking it"

and just scribbled a sig on his pad to say no longer required for pick up an that was that

did you give them ur correct serial number then?

there wasn't a problem with the serial number when I phoned coz, when I gave him the serial number on the phone , I gave him "cechm03" insted of giving him cechg03, then he said "the console IS still under garentee so theres no problem there". I could here him typing in the background as well and he didn't start typing the serial no. until I got to cechm03

Well guys an update on this story

I phoned sony yesterday and gave them the serial number off my 40g with the cechm03 at the end, went through the all the cr*p with him, so the guy eventually says yes it in warranty and yes it needs to come in, so he said that they would pick up the console today for REPAIR, and that it will take up to 3 weeks before I get it back.

He did say exchange first then changed it to repair in the same breath, so I didn't know if that was just to put people off from trying it on and to flush out the ones that said no they just wanted an exchange.

Well the courier came today and guess wot I had to send him away with the same as he came with,

"NOTHING"

so I guess that answers the question if sony have caught on yet and the answer to that one is a great big yes, so NO MORE gooooood exchanges.

So hopefully the people that makes things like this public knowledge far to quick will MAYBE learn a valuble lesson from this, because it could be them next time that wants to get somthing changed and can't because other people have spoiled for everyone else by not keeping things under wraps.

Yes sony would of caught on eventually, but everyone could of maybe enjoyed it for another couple of months if it had been kept quiet a bit longer.

If ADMIN or MODS are not happy with any or all of this post then please just edit or delete the post if so required too

bang on m8 couldnt of said it better , !!good post m8 !!!

well said m8

yep damn right , but peeps dont listen , they get wot they want and **** the rest !!!

the thing is once sony pick up your ps3 it is scanned at there end once there see that the ps3 is no longer in gtee there will ring you or send out a letter for you to contact them e.g telling you the only way to get this unit fixed it by paying a 128 pounds

never happened to me , i sent a 40g as an 80g with no serial etc and i aint heard a thing , might be cause they know wots happening now?

there wasn't a problem with the serial number when I phoned coz, when I gave him the serial number on the phone , I gave him "cechm03" insted of giving him cechg03, then he said "the console IS still under garentee so theres no problem there". I could here him typing in the background as well and he didn't start typing the serial no. until I got to cechm03

try it again m8 but insted of saying its the drive , tell them its got the ylod, then they will send a replacement m8!!!!!

let us know how you get on

well said m8

yep damn right , but peeps dont listen , they get wot they want and **** the rest !!!

i cant believe u still think this is all to do with this thread. lol

as u have already been informed, but u might have missed it, the information that u were requesting people pm u about has been freely available on the net for a long long time. its even been on this site for a long time.

Last edited:
this thread is such a laugh lol people criticising for making the info public and then saying they have had there 2nd and 3rd ps3 replaced surely that greed is what will make sony catch on and not this thread.

this thread is such a laugh lol people criticising for making the info public and then saying they have had there 2nd and 3rd ps3 replaced surely that greed is what will make sony catch on and not this thread.

well said. thats exactly what happened here

YLOD is usually overheating problem (crappy thermal paste they used )

it seems not. the problem is gas bubbles in the pcp. (low cost manufacturing). of which Sony, are, and were aware prior to it being released.

So, this does not work anymore!? Please tell me it isn't so!??

yes m8 it still works , just follow the info , but dont say you have a drive problem or they will just want to fix it.

say youve got the ylod and you will get an exchange m8

fire

ps
thanks to you gorang for the pm , very interesting m8 thnks

deffo still works my m8 rang up yesturday and he is getting his exchanged on tuesday

as firemouth says u do have to say its got the ylod or they wont exchange it

yes m8 it still works , just follow the info , but dont say you have a drive problem or they will just want to fix it.

say youve got the ylod and you will get an exchange m8

fire

Thanks for that mate :Clap:

Sent you a PM with a few q's...
(Ignore the last one I sent you mate just check the latest one)

brother got a ps3 with fooked drive,missing security sticker,,,,still worth a try ?

Back