***ps2 Not Powering***

boyhhll

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi there peeps my ps2 isnt powering after my little bro shorted the power ribben by putting a screwdriver to turn on the ps2 as i broke the switch, i looked at all the fuses from 1-15 and also the main motherboard fuse but they all seem to work can anyone please help me diagonise the fault!!!

so the power supply isn't fucked? try a different power cord. You must have more of the same power cords in your house (old radios). hope it works out :)

thanks for your reply mate im pretty sure its not the power lead as ive got 2 playsation2' and i used the working ones power lead, can anyone tell me what fuse is most likely to blow if your shorted the power ribbon????

there are quite a few curcuit protectors on the ps2. what motherboard do you have or ps2 model number ???
are you quite sure the power supply is running !!! it should be unaffected by the motherboard, i would suggest you check that out first.

hi there mate thanks for the reply, yes my power supply cable is fine, i have got a 30003R ps2!!!

sorry mate i don't mean the cable. in the ps2 model 30003R as with most of them there is a seperate power supply board. it is placed on the underside of the ps2. when the power plug is swtched on it should be running wether the ps2 is powered up or not.

hi there mate yes but there is no power light on the on/off switch of the ps2??? i think there is no power getting to the switch!!!any other reccommendations!!!

Back