PS2 no network startup disk help !

jimbo19

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've just bought a new slimline ps2 (with rj45 already on)
I only have one old game that I got off ebay - Killzone
So I go ahead and try and play it online and it says no network config - use a network startup disc to configure . But I don't have one :(
Is there any way of getting a network config on it without a disk ? i.e. via usb and memory stick ??
The PS2 is not chipped ..................... yet

Thanks

It would be easier to borrow a copy of Granturismo 4 it has a network config utility built in for LAN Play that could be used.

I don't think there is any easy way to use usb & memory stick as the network config uses the MAC Address of the consol I think.

ive just googled to try find a download but apprently any network game should sort it but i dont remember the older games having the option so perhaps its just the newer games that have the network setup try a fifa game if you have it im sure that as it on, good luck

ps if you do get it chipped and still intend playing online pm me i have the tools you will need to get the copies working online.

just remembered im sure you can get the updated disc downloaded from sonys website (just in case you havent checked)

Last edited:
only info i can find on this is

Q. Can I set up the Network Adapter if I don't have the software disk?
A. Yes, luckly you can. If you load up a network compatible game and go into the multiplayer/online option you should be able to create a connection. Follow the steps on the screen to configure your connection. This will save the connection settings to your memory card so you can play other online games without having to reconfigure your Network Adapter.

Many thanks to all - registered ps2 online and disk is being sent
Now do I install a chip or go with swapmagic ?
Have installed various xbox chips before but these did not have the wire count that ps2 chips have , also are the pads smaller or bigger on ps2 than the xbox ?

Back