problems with recording

sharpman

Inactive User
Reaction score
up untill they started updating images, i was able to ftp the recording from the tm800 to the pc and it would play and i could also convert the file from .ts to any other format.

now i can`t do any of the above. apart from ftp that ok

using Image IQ dated 26/7/11

using rear usb for external hard drive / samsung 1tb, always used this on past Images and no problem.

Should come up with some sort of error as in access denied? What ftp program you using?

During the power up process Linux checks the disk. That is why boot up takes so long; the bigger the disk the longer it takes. Time taken also depends upon how much free memory is available. It is possible that your 1Tb disk fails to complete the check before a timeout and so does not get mounted correctly.

Things that would help include.

Externally edit the disk to provide a swap partition and a data partition. Because of the nature of the images this works best of you put the swap partition on as the second partition. 1Gb would be excessive for the swap partition, but not extravagant on a disk that size.

Break the data partition into two, they can both be mounted so there is no loss of capacity and you can use a network file manager to drag recordings or multi-media files to the second partition.

Make sure unwanted addons and junk files are removed from the flash drive. In particular crash log files can be corrupt and tie up space needed for process management.

thank for the replys, sorted now using the webinterface and clicking on movies, then download.

Back