Problems, Since Flashing DS Image

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Im wondering if anyone else has had any problems after flashing the DS image ?

I flashed DS image just to see what the HD wizard was like etc, went straight back to DW Image but since then it wont install or I sould say unzip files from Digidudes PPanel :(

Ive flashed
factory reset
on/off from rear

gone through wizard
factory reset
on/off from rear
gone through wizard again

flashed last UR_ image on done all above
relashed DW images on etc etc

still cant unzip anything from PPanel :( like my channel list, latest ppanel and stuff

anyone else noticed this ? if you have tried the DS image and gone back to DW image can you please try and use Digidudes PPanel for me see if it works :)

I have tried exactly the same. but my PPanels working fine.
Could you try running those command manually using terminal?. open the ppanels and try the picons section, it untars the file iirc.

i used the DS image, twice, but, i couldnt floash it via USB and miniroot, as for some reason, i couldnt rename the file, instead, i flashed from MINIROOT via my network, and back to the DW-UR 25/02 image, with no problems

i think 'something' has been corrupted during the flashing of the DS image somehow (or maybe during the flashing after the DS image) and as theres NO way to completley factory reset these boxes, whatevers gotten corrupted, is still lurking in the receiver

I remember that when i put the DW image back on, it still was using the DS default skin. Which i think was weird as i did the factory reset. So i agree that flasher is not clearing the Filesystem correctly.

so thats me fooked now then as I cant do no more testing of DW images
great!

I have flashed the DS image twice , after each time i reflashed with DW25.02.11.my box is working ok ppanels and plugins all working.

its seems to be anything that needs unzipping
ipk files are fine from TM downloads

look in the /bin folder for something called gzip or x-gzip m8, and see if you can delete it, then reflash, and it should reinstall it

safe to do ? something about symlink

whats it link to m8, i thought after posting, its possibly a corrupted busybox install

Both the gzip and tar are simlink to busybox. Try copying this one see if it makes any difference.
unzip it and copy in bin, rename the existing one.

tried the busybox mate and nothing, thanks though :)
been speaking to digi and it seems my box is going a different ip route well the wrong route lol to get to the correct download

Im trying to see why this is now

kinda getting there
it seems my router wouldent let me download via the box or manually via laptop anything from the server

Ive been looking around the router and been pressing all kins of buttons lol and found I needed to Turn UPnP On this now lets me download/update DW Customiser/Live
but it still wont let me update my channel list or channel list updater plugin

small progress but still a way to go, oh someone mentioned to me about a proxy stopping it

Re: 4 x new images

Hi Rat , can you not see ppanels on menu on yellow button or cannot open

(i am on the latest UR image 18)

its the dns routing tables (or sommat) of ISPs not updated m8. i spent nearly 3 hours on the phone with server hosts yesterday

when you try updating, the IP addresses that the links resolve to, should all be the same, but from how its been explained to me, its down to ISPs, which is why some people are having issues, and others aint

if i type in the address for the server on my phone, it comes up with the old details, as vodafone hasnt updated whatever records they need to update, but from any computer whose ISP is sly, it seems fine

i dont know if theres any way of forcing the update? maybe from a PC pressing Ctrl & F5 to force your browser to reload from the server directly? which may make your ISP notice and log the changes? i dunno

I don't want to hijack this thread jsaw as I have one open already
but
I put on 18th could not update dw customiser so I had to transfer my bouquets over manually (no biggy) EPG was there as standard (luckily) so was kinda OK without PPanels, until kids went to MTV and had no audio pressed audio to get green screen lol
I couldn't manually do fix as I was at work, couldn't tell wife to do update via PPanels coz it wont work :err: I tried again last night around 5ish and I managed to download everything I wanted :) so was well chuffed
just checked again later that evening and everything wouldn't work again :err: still not working now :(

here is a screen dump of what I get, Ive tried many many things
I dint know if its a problem with
the box
my router
my service provider
server files are coming from
I'm stuck :Cry:

Thats deffo not right m8, the IP address for the server is

the ip address for the old server is

but the IP address youre being sent to, is a talktalk page of some sort saying page not found, so looks like some form of ISP issue, but its odd, as it has worked for you, then not worked again??

You can force/flush a pc client to update dns but sounds like your problem is the ISPs DNS propagating (unless it's the TM800 caching). They can force a DC refresh but shouldn't need to and shouldn't take more than 48 hours for all routing to sort itself out.

It might be worth you using IPs in your scripts, or using a url alias/redirection service such as tiny url

the scripts do use a url redirect for the panels and stuff m8, which is why its odd that rat is seeing a talktalk error page, as the whole site / server is nothing to do with talktalk at all

Then it sounds like TalkTalks DNS' not updating.

@rat. If you type:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

into a command prompt on your PC, does the non-authoritative answer still show 92.242.132.4 instead of the correct 66.84.15.51?

If it's still doing that after 72 hours then give TalkTalk a call and tell them.

A lot of routers will let you change the DNS so you can use something like Google or OpenDNS but it's a bit extreme if you're not having constant routing problems

Back