Problems running IFA

Trancemaster

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Finally got hold of a long enough LAN cable to allow me to connect my dbox to my network. Got the network set up fine, and can telnet to the box.

The problem I'm having is with Image flashing Assistant. I've got the newest version from the downloads section, installed OK but as soon as I run the program I get "IFA has encountered an error and needs to close". Tried removing and reinstalling it, same problem. Tried redownloading it, same problem.

Anyone got any ideas?

Hey guys,

Finally got hold of a long enough LAN cable to allow me to connect my dbox to my network. Got the network set up fine, and can telnet to the box.

The problem I'm having is with Image flashing Assistant. I've got the newest version from the downloads section, installed OK but as soon as I run the program I get "IFA has encountered an error and needs to close". Tried removing and reinstalling it, same problem. Tried redownloading it, same problem.

Anyone got any ideas?

Is the computer old or are you using a copied windows operating system?

No, my computer is my pride and joy. And no, my copy of Windows is fully licensed. I didn't pay for the license, but that isn't the point.

It your windows (a cut down version) a special version like tinyXP!

If so there may be a service missing!

As you can see we are all pointing to your OS (windows), so the fault is likely to be there!

run CHKDSK you could a a bad sector on the drive!

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Anyone got any ideas?
If you can telnet then you can FTP so do it this way
Guide here
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/213/
Flashfxp here
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/265/

Also if your pc supports "hyperthreading technology" disable it in the bios
Then IFA might work also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work in tech support so I should be able to diagnose this really I suppose.

Just wondered if anyone else had these sorts of problems with this software. I guess not, so I'll do some investigation.

Thanks for the help peeps!

It could be a problem with some of the windows services, I have problems with the newer IFA's but version 1.5.6 works for me.

I guess it could be a services problem. I do tend to be very draconian when it comes to unnecessary services and background processes.

Anybody know if IFA requires the use of any particular services?

I work in tech support
<snip> Thanks for the help peeps!

uninstall norton don't disable it uninstall it.

as fergalsworld says if you can telnet then you can ftp your new image in.

ifa is for boxes with kein system that you can't ftp into.

Urgh, I wouldn't use Norton in a million years.

Will see how we get on with FlashFXP, cheers!

double post!

Thanks for the help everyone, used FlashFXP to copy the Don's Tardis, flashed and all OK!

Back