Nvidia shield not installing apk's

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a wierd problem with my 2017 Nvidia shield. It's does not want to install apk's from usb stick. I've never had a problem before with teatv or any others but now they won't install. Allow 3rd part apps is checked, the APK is seen on the usb stick and I use esfile explorer to install the file. Clicking on install looks to install the file but it just returns to the same spot. Got time later to play, maybe esfile explorer needs an update? Any ideas

Got a wierd problem with my 2017 Nvidia shield. It's does not want to install apk's from usb stick. I've never had a problem before with teatv or any others but now they won't install. Allow 3rd part apps is checked, the APK is seen on the usb stick and I use esfile explorer to install the file. Clicking on install looks to install the file but it just returns to the same spot. Got time later to play, maybe esfile explorer needs an update? Any ideas
Have you tried transferring the file to your shield and installing it that way.

I've made sure the existing ones are deleted but that's another options of making sure the file types are Android TV. I'll have a play later.

So been playing around and although not installing via usb if i go to chrome and surf digitalworldz and download directly from here and choose not to install via esfile manager but package installer it allows me to install the software. Some progress at least. I think as a last resort it may be a factory reset.

Back