Problem with TomTom Go 730 and Blackberry Bluetooth Handsfree

phe70

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've read all over the place that Blackberry devices are awful to use in connection with TomTom for handsfree use via bluetooth. For the last couple of years I've used Sony Ericsson phones with my Go 730 no problem, but I have now made the switch to Blackberry and I am now stuck with it for 18months !!
Anyway, I can get my Blackberry Curve 8520 to pair up with the Go 730 and am happy with the functionality that I have (handsfree use), the problem I have arises after 3days from when I pair the devices, after this time I lose my pairing and the only way I can get round it is to connect my G0 730 to my PC, delete the Blackberry from TomTom and start again ( If I just delete the Blackberry then search for phones again it doesnt work, Ive got to connect to PC). This makes me think that for some reason there must be some sort of lease time or something that is timing out coz it is always after 3 days (72 hrs), and it is the tomtom that I have to mess with, not the Blackberry ( I havent tried with another phone to see if the problem is phone or tomtom specific).
I am running modified Navcore and maps on my TomTom App 8.351 (9982/090518) OS:315187 GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5120

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get round this, and is the problem a Blackberry issue or a TomTom issue??

Thanks in advance ,

Phe70

Back