PROBLEM WITH SKY and f3 skybox

slimshady

Inactive User
Reaction score
this maybe in wrong section but advice is needed here,i am currently subbed to sky for lowest package and am using a skybox now i got an email today saying that i have gone over my allowance of my broadband usage,can anyone tell me does this openbox use any download limit i have from sky as i am capped at 2 gig at the moment TIA

I cannot say for fact that i know how much data your F3 uses per day or per month for that matter. You may need to investigate, by asking yourself these questions, is this the first time you will go over your limit? what was your usage before the F3 was introduced? Do you do other data intensive internet activities like streaming video, video chatting, downloading etc?

Also switching your F3 off or putting it on an FTA channel when you are not watching will help reduce data usage.

i have discovered that my package with sky only gave 2 mg broadband which i know is shite so i have now binned them and goin with vermin as it is unlimited but thanks for reply

Well done. there is no need for mettered broadband services these days.

A member on here Jimihendrixs did an internet usage test on receiver and it was as follows
I have run the usage test.
This weeks total usage reading is 28MB (0.028GB) so it would take 250 days to use 1GB or put another way approximately 1.5GB a year.
Again this setup was used for around 15 hours a day for the 7 days so represents fairly heavy usage.
For members on a limited internet allowance the actual monthly usage would amount to around 0.12GB a month note this is just 12% of a 1GB/monthly allowance.

Back