Problem with mice

i had a problem with mice but that seemed to of dissapeared about the same time my snake went missing!!!

i had one not so long ago... they are everywhere it devastated my mrs because she thought the house was not clean i told her they can get between houses in the walls and only need a 5mm hole and they can get through the little fookers.

I tried the poison from the mouse fella and nothing bought the wooden traps and put chocolate on them and nothing

so i went on to ebay and bought some sticky traps that smelt like penut butter the trap was not down longer than 20 minutes and it caught the bugger... not had any lately but i closed all gaps around the house.

sticky traps.... amazing!

Regards
Mickie D

put down 2 traps last night.

I found 1 in the middle ofthe floor (was placed near skirting board) snapped shut with the goodies missing out of...the wee bugger got away

The other one was in a cupboard snapped shut but it didn't get the stuff.

It's war now...Seedy's idea is looking better by the minute

some info on mice to the sound of rat in my kitchen :roflmao: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BovhZ2yB1UI&feature=related[/ame]

RE..mice

If you are having trouble with mice getting the bait off the traps.

When you see the metal spike. attach the bait securely to it. You don,t need a lot of bait.put enough about the size of a 1p coin.

I prefer to use either bacon- rind wrapped around the spike or maybe a bit of chocolate. Make sure the trap is set not to over or under pressure. You then just leave it. Some mice will be cheeky and go for the take sooner rather than later,but it is usually when it is quiet.

If you have trouble with rats...do the same but try not to leave any human scent(by touching the trap).
Rats are very intelligent,treat them as such!

It is a good idea to use some gloves etc to handle the traps!
I always found that flicking a bit of rainwater over the bait and trap (lightly or use a a fine spray bottle)plus a little over where i had trod made a hell of a speedy capture.

One final note,it was said that rats don,t like anything new, i.e new surroundings,anything moved etc I,ve tried and tested this theory,old seems to work best. I always dirtied up new traps with a bit of soil etc this not only blended in with the surroundings,it also masked human scents. Some rats just don,t give a damn whatever method. Remember they come in different sizes,but usually if they have got away from the trap(the trap is either adjusted wrong or you might have to turn the trap or place it so the rat gets at the bait correctly). Try to notice which way the pest is getting to the trap and avoid the rat climbing over the opposite end of the trap to the bait or side on.

Remember if you use poison,if the rat dies in your shed,garage,house etc...it may be in a place where you cannot get easy access. This could be under floorboards etc.. the stink could get bad besides knowing there is a dead rat hanging around. Lastly look after your fingers:Laugh: If you get one caught in the rat trap..well say no more!

I have a cabin in the garden which is my workshop and a place where I can chill out. The place is full of mice, but it keeps the misses well away from my wallet while I'm out :)

:Laugh:Yeah! I can see your point.:Laugh:

Luckily don,t have any mice or rats at the moment. In this house now i have to put up with three of the daughters hamsters. The one of them used to bite like a rotweiller thankfully it has now calmed down. It,s a case of noise now in the night. It likes throwing it,s chews about, sounds like somebody throwing bricks on corrugated steel sheets. The other annoying habit it,s got is to diving from one floor to the next in his house....clunk-clang....clunk-clangs. It watches you like an hawk..you get the feeling it,s trying to be telepathic. He learns very quick..too quick for my liking sometimes!:Laugh::Laugh:

HaHa.....Caught 1 of the wee buggers last night...it's neck/head stuck in the trap....

Just need to make sure the weans don't see them like that

try getting a cat and starve it for a week or if that does'nt work try calling in the A-team:banana:

Ring enviromental health.. They will come out and remove them for free..

Same with Fleas, Ticks etc etc..

now im itching lol...

That all depends on what area you live in and what your benefits/housing situation is mate.

Some councils will do mice for free for everyone,
Some will do it for free just for council tenants or if you're on benefits,
And some (like my lovely council!) will charge everyone - even pensioners only get 25% off the normal price - and normal price is about £70 or something daft like that.

The only sure thing is the trap that kills them, none of this humane lark or sonic gizmos. Mice are clever you need to make sure you put the traps against their runs (e.g against walls etc) check for mouse droppings.

Mice are pests that carry diseases, don't feel sorry for them, they will multiply if you decide to let them go alive. They only know how to eat and make little baby mice. Kill, Kill and Kill again.:Chainsaw::Kickassro

had the same prob over the last few weeks, they seem to be gone now, firstly look for holes mate, stuff em full of foil or steel wool if you cant be botherd to fill em prop. traps wise, i used the sticky ones, put them along the wall, mice run along walls etc. caught 4. i also bought one of them plug in thingys, you want the electromagnetic one as opposed to sonic/ultrasound. it has worked within a week. this is the one i got, comes with a 45 day money back guarentee, so if it doesnt wrk u can send it back!

http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/mo...208cf8239b2eb8334718fd0243f95&cPath=24_25

i have had mice prob over the last few months,chewing on the joists at night was a nightmare,ripped up floor boards put traps down and luckly caught 4 so had a few weeks of peace,until 2 weeks ago,tried the electric thingy,didnt work,phoned enviromental health they told me to keep putting traps down, i had humane traps and clap traps,but every morn we got up the bait was always missing god knows how he was doing it but i was just basically feeding them,put the glue traps down and they were even getting out of them.
then put clap trap in new area and caught 4 since last friday near back door,i went outside to see where they were entering as before and found a tiny hole which i didnt see before ,so expanding foam went in there,i know there is one left hopefully as i saw him just sat at the bottom of the kitchen looking at me,had nowt in the traps over the last few days ,but o know he's out there.
i feel for anyone with this problem it is a pain,but just keep rebating and repositioning the traps on a regular basis.
best of luck.

Ask the Mrs & kids to stay with relatives for a night or two.

Go to yer local army surplus and purchase:

1. Camo makeup
2. Netting
3. DPM suit.

Dust off that old .177 or .22 pellet gun & ensure you have enough ammo for a 12 hour stag.

Download Wagners "Ride of the Valkyries" on to your MP3 player.
Obtain enough green to see you through the night (preferably enough to tranquilise a horse).

Dim the lights & have yourself a fun filled night of mayhem & carnage.

just what i was thinking :SHOOTING::Cute::Kickassro

....so expanding foam went in there,i know there is one left hopefully as i saw him just sat at the bottom of the kitchen looking at me,had nowt in the traps over the last few days ,but o know he's out there.

Expanding foam only feeds them mate! best thing to fill any holes you find is wire wool and chickenwire. they can chew that and so they can't break and enter. with expanding foam, they can not only indulge in some extra roughage for there diet but they can gain entry again only making your problem worst.

The electromagnet devices work a trat though you need to change the pulse and frequency so that they don't become immune. i spent around £70 for one that does insects and allows the pulsing of frequency across the ground floor electric ring.

worth the money although it is dear if you have a small problem. not sure how it would help in a mass infestation.

hope this helps! wire wool it the way to go to keep the punks out!

the electromagnetic and sounds devices are good, but to be really effective you'd have to have one in each room

the electromagnetic and sounds devices are good, but to be really effective you'd have to have one in each room

got to disagree with that mate. only the sound ones need to be in each room. the electromagnets use the wiring in the walls to transmit versus the tiny speaker on the sonic ones.

lol

either or, both are good, prefer electromagnetic ones myself

Pal of mine had a way of catching them, he used one of those old fashioned stickey fly catcher things. stick it to a pice of wood so you can place the wood near where you see the mice and when they walk over it they stick to it just like flys and you catch them alive.

Back