Problem with mice

cad

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've recently been having problems with mice getting into my house.

I've tried these new plug in gizmos which supposedly scare them away with sonic waves and electromagnetic waves etc with no luck

Looks like i'll have to buy traps.

Anyone else had the same problem?

Got some in the shed,managed to get 4 of em with traps.Trouble is the blighters are still there and managing to get bait of trap without setting them off?

I thought those sonic things done the job. Maybe they are some sort of evolved / mutated mice or deaf. Im unsure if having a cat around helps, i have one and have yet to find a mouse once in 3 years at my address.

Get the traps out!

We had the ame problem 2 years ago.

We got the mouse man in cost 20 pounds and got rid of the problem with sticky pads and posion.
Also we looked to see how they got in i found a small hole comming from the garden filled this hole with filler and tin foil.

Aparently mice donot like to bite into tin foil it hurts there teeth a bit like us really if you have ever put tin foil on your teeth.

We how also have a kitten so fingers crossed thet dont come back.

Hope this helps.
Enticy

I've had them in the garage.
I got some traps from the pound shop. Plastic ones with a serated edge.
I set it last week and caught one within hours.
I set it again and forgot about it.
When I went back in the garage it was in the middle of the floor. I nearly fell over it. It wasn't where I'd set it.
When I looked at it, it had a mouse in it's jaws. The poor thing was still alive and had dragged it accross the garage.
I ended up letting it go in the garden as I felt sorry for it.
Tough little bar-steward lol

Curly

I've had them in the garage.
I got some traps from the pound shop. Plastic ones with a serated edge.
I set it last week and caught one within hours.
I set it again and forgot about it.
When I went back in the garage it was in the middle of the floor. I nearly fell over it. It wasn't where I'd set it.
When I looked at it, it had a mouse in it's jaws. The poor thing was still alive and had dragged it accross the garage.
I ended up letting it go in the garden as I felt sorry for it.
Tough little bar-steward lol

Curly

pmsl i wouldn't have felt sorry for the little burger, they come in uninvited so poisone the little beggars

i had them in my attic a few years ago, i was so shit scared i wanted to sell the house lol, in the end i called enviromental health at the local council (mouse man) and they put poison down, came back 2 days later to check the mice had eaten it and ive never had a problem since (touch wood)

try a flame thrower

:Clap:

Going up to B&Q later to get traps.

I have two sonic thingy's but so far they don't seem to be working...I read good things about them too.

I wee trip under my floor is needed me thinks to find out how they get in.

It doesn't help living next to a park though

the electromagnetic plug ins are excellent m8 i caught a load in traps and thought about putting poison down, but if you put poison down they have to die somewhere and if they die under the floorboards you are going to smell them rotting away!!
the plug ins take time to work and dont drive them away instantly, might take a week or so. the ultrasonic is useless unless you are in a big open space as it only works the same as a torck, whereby it is only effective if it is pointing at the mouse, and as mice stay close to walls and mostly under cover the ultrasonic waves will miss it.
if you are putting down traps put them close to the wall but not touching and put something on that they have to get on the trap for, i started using kitkat but the buggers just leaned over and ate it. i ended up using the hard dog food wet is slightly and force it on and cover in peanut butter (a nice last meal)
if i were you keep using the plug in and trapsand leave the traps down even after you think they are gone, and i still use the plugin a year after they are gone to stop reinfestation.

the electromagnetic plug ins are excellent m8 i caught a load in traps and thought about putting poison down, but if you put poison down they have to die somewhere and if they die under the floorboards you are going to smell them rotting away!!
the plug ins take time to work and dont drive them away instantly, might take a week or so. the ultrasonic is useless unless you are in a big open space as it only works the same as a torck, whereby it is only effective if it is pointing at the mouse, and as mice stay close to walls and mostly under cover the ultrasonic waves will miss it.
if you are putting down traps put them close to the wall but not touching and put something on that they have to get on the trap for, i started using kitkat but the buggers just leaned over and ate it. i ended up using the hard dog food wet is slightly and force it on and cover in peanut butter (a nice last meal)
if i were you keep using the plug in and trapsand leave the traps down even after you think they are gone, and i still use the plugin a year after they are gone to stop reinfestation.

I've had them plugged in for a couple of weeks now. Just back from a week away and the wee buggers have been in my kitchen cupboards.

Got some in the shed,managed to get 4 of em with traps.Trouble is the blighters are still there and managing to get bait of trap without setting them off?

you can get bayer plastic traps - they are very good.

imagemagic.php

Ring enviromental health.. They will come out and remove them for free..

Same with Fleas, Ticks etc etc..

now im itching lol...

if you use a trap bait it with crunchy peanut butter!

tricks of working in a DIY store mate. mice love peanuts!

they are very wise though. the clever ones know when something is new and avoid it until they no longer see it as a threat. sometimes you have to play the patience game.

pray you don't poison them and they die under the floor boards. they stink! had to sleep in a bedroom with that rank smell!

a good 8 days of febreezey rotting mice! damn!

you'll know if it is dead as it has a smell similar to gas.

hope this helps mate! good luck!

what you wana do is get yourself a big cat. (tiger will do)
then as well as keeping mice away it stops people breaking in, pikeys selling you rugs and virgin media knocking on your door

if you use a trap bait it with crunchy peanut butter!

tricks of working in a DIY store mate. mice love peanuts!

they are very wise though. the clever ones know when something is new and avoid it until they no longer see it as a threat. sometimes you have to play the patience game.

pray you don't poison them and they die under the floor boards. they stink! had to sleep in a bedroom with that rank smell!

a good 8 days of febreezey rotting mice! damn!

you'll know if it is dead as it has a smell similar to gas.

hope this helps mate! good luck!

cheers m8 will try peanut butter...can't stand the stuff myself, but if it works

I had this problem a while ago, used traps and melted galaxy chocolate onto them... broke little bit of choc off and heated with a lighter, pushed onto trap.. fkrs couldnt get that off...!

Ask the Mrs & kids to stay with relatives for a night or two.

Go to yer local army surplus and purchase:

1. Camo makeup
2. Netting
3. DPM suit.

Dust off that old .177 or .22 pellet gun & ensure you have enough ammo for a 12 hour stag.

Download Wagners "Ride of the Valkyries" on to your MP3 player.
Obtain enough green to see you through the night (preferably enough to tranquilise a horse).

Dim the lights & have yourself a fun filled night of mayhem & carnage.

Go to Robert Dyas & get a pair of The Big Cheese Live Catch Mouse Traps. They work a treat & you can let the beasties go, somewhere far away from where you caught em.

Back