iPhone Problem, Please Help

zamzing

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I upgraded to a 3G iPhone and decided that as I had nothing to lose I would Jailbreak my old one, so I done that this morning and have been playing around with it all day, I must say I am very happy the themes are great fun and some of the applications are even better, however I seem to have created a huge problem for myself, for some reason when I click on the 'Phone" icon on the Dock Bar it only appears for about two seconds, it wont allow me to click anything in those two seconds and then disappears to the Home screen, as you can imagine this is creating huge problems as I cant make any phone calls unless I do it through the 'Contacts' feature however doing this way creates an even bigger problem as It wont go to the normal screen which normally allows you to select features such as 'Speaker', 'Keypad', 'Hold' etc, etc, instead it will make the call and stay at the Home screen not allowing me to hang up.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Zamzing

what version of firmaware is the phone jailbroken to?

did u update the firmware, maybe a slight plroblem with the fw update if you did this, maybe a re flash might sort it out or try a custom fw from elswhere.

Im new to this so I'll try to explain as best as I can I updated the firmware to the latest one (2.02) then jail broke it and now the firmware reads 2.0.2 (5c1).

In order to reflash do I have to restore it through iTunes first?

Where can I obtain some custom firmware from.

Thanks

maybe uve done sumthin with a certain theme and meesed it up? try puttin it back to factory in settings

Well, I dont know what it was but, I have restored the phone and repeated the whole pwning process and it seems to have worked.

Thanks

Back