problem flashing!!!! need help

peter1340

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, i am following the instructions to flash my box but it isn't working . how do i find out which com port to use as none of them will send the update from from computer to my box. need help quick would like to watch ythe footy lol. cheers

lol you sounded in a rush ;)

ok if u wanna find out the com port simply goto control panel/(classic view its on top left ) system>device manager > and look under PORTS

you will then see what com port your on

Most of the time u will find its either 1,2,3,4

You can always try all of em no harm done exactly ;)

Just remember if u want a quick and headache pain free way of flashing I suggest you do this

Click Loader software, download green button and then browse for 4.4.08 flash file and hit START
Then quickly plug back the kryview into the mains and thats it, the loader software will show u its uploading check the progress bar.

Its that simple :)

still not flashing,even tried on another pc...........all i get is a box with " download not requested" when i try to download the firmware,doing something wrong but not sure what,any suggestions welcome.

using a rs232 cable between the pc and box but keep getting the same message............the cable is new,but could it be faulty?

ok i got 2 questions for you peter
1. What shows on the front lcd display of the box?
2. While flashing the box, is the box switched on already, when u press the start button ?

we leave it on 0000 like every1 tells us 2, but nothing changes as we cant even get it 2 start flashing as it says " downloading not requested " when we press send.

no have the power off from the mains. Only switch the power on after your click start. This will start the downloading

tmc

got this from another site...

doesnt work for me like

Ok here is the correct procedure for putting the firmware on to the Arnet and should only be done this way and no other no matter what you have read else where

DO NOT HAVE YOUR BOX PLUGGED IN FOR THIS WHEN YOU ARE SETTING YOUR DOWNLOAD UP FIRST

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SET THE LOADER TO THE CORRECT COM PORT

1 get your loader double click it another box will appear

2 click on download another box will appear

3 click on browse and find the firmware and tell it to open

4 click on download then plug in the Arnet and wait for it to download

5 you will see on the front of the box display it going aroung in a square

6 then when it is finished you will see it going faster wait till the box reboots itself before you stop anything and then you can disconnect all the cables

7 DO NOT PRESS RED RED AS THIS IS NOT TO BE USED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AS ALL THIS DOES IS CONFUSE THE BOX

8 then do a factory reset then go to auto put your provider in leave the network alone

9 press the green button if you are on N** you will get only 2 options after it has gone thru the process you select legecy not upc ok then press ok and it will scan away for the freq you need to be patient as this will take a bit of time

Good too know i,m not alone kenny!
Tried all the methods above and all i get is the "download not requested box" appear.......driving me nuts for such an "easy" procedure!
Any other suggestions,must be something fairly simple? Cheers pete

ok it seems so far you are doing ok, only unplug your box from the mains. when you press start on the software plug in the box, the front of the box should then start a sort of spinning thing then. much easier than doing all that red button green button stuff.

tried with the box unplugged, put file into downloader, press send and then switch on at the mains and just comes back with the " downloading not requested" box.still something wrong but not sure what!!

tried with the box unplugged, put file into downloader, press send and then switch on at the mains and just comes back with the " downloading not requested" box.still something wrong but not sure what!!

Do you know anyone local to yoou who has the same box. Back to Back (Box to Box) never fails.

sorry don,t know anyone else who has the same box.
When i right click the downloaded rar file for the new firmware it says that its in an unregognised format or that the file could be damaged ,could this be the problem and if s how do i fix it? cheers pete

That is very very odd, as I said in the 2nd post on this thread just sounded like u need to completly switch off the krytview at the mains... then hit START on the loader software and quickly plug back the krytview mains plug into the power socket. It should really have just flashed automaticly from there.

Are you positive its on the right Com port?

Try 1,2,3,4 as I previously suggested....

seriously this is head doing y does every1 say this is so simple, i av done evrything the correct way that every1 says i have the correct 9 pin cable yet still recieving the message " downloading not requested" there has to be some1 that can help that has had the same problems or nos the correct solution!!

hi there guys, ive been having the exact same problems, followed all the steps as stated but still kept on getting 'The download is not requested' message. I have been using a stright RS232 cable (Serial RS232 9-Pin Female to Female) as stated from the tutorial, but from reading else where your actually meant to be using a Null Modem Cable (Serial Null Modem 9-Pin Female to 9-Pin Female). I havent got the time to go round to the shops to pick one up know, but will do 2mrw and let you know if it fix's the problem. Also for those who have successully flashed there box's, could they confirm which cable they have been using (its hard to tell because they both look the same!!! - as the reasons for the confusion).

Serial RS232 9-Pin Female to Female:

h**p://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=97736&doy=search

Serial Null Modem 9-Pin Female to 9-Pin Female:

h**p://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97740&doy=10m4&C=SO&U=strat15

saq787

Definately to do with the com port

this is the message i got until i found the correct port (3 in my case)

i doubt it m8, ive checked mine over a 100 times ..... lol , every single connection every single wire, tried all the combinations of loading the firmware, still not working. So the only thing left has to be with the type of cable being used, as i mentioned above. Anyway will let you knw by 2mrw, if that doesnt do it then...lol....i dont know what wil cos ive tried pretty much everything.

Back