problem flashing bootloader

yasr

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I'm using vix 3.0 build 8.0.8. Coz they are not supporting this anymore I went to upgrade to helios image but saw that I had to flash the new bootloader first.
that's when the problem started. So far I've extracted and put the update folder on a sandisk 4GB usb formatted FAT32 (basically i followed the tutorial on flashing)...when i do all this the box will prompt me software found press OK....
but when i try to press OK on the front panel it doesn't work it just boot on the image i have.

I've tried: factory reset before flashing
tried the rear usb port
there are 2folders in the zip: /tmtwin and/tmtwinoe both with their /cfe.....so i've tried to put both on the stick and then each of them separate and still all these configuration gave me same result ie nothing happens when pressing OK.
I even tried Ok button on remote and all the other buttons on panel...
I dont know anymore what to do and don't even know what's wrong coz box is detecting usb and saying there's a software on it but then can't read it.

Also which of the folders i should use for flashing?? /tmtwin or /tmtwinoe or both??
thanks for your help

If you are on Vix 808, it should take the tmtwinoe folder. Delete the tmtwin folder.

I've done that too but the problem is when it says to press OK that does't work. any idea why mate?

Tried every button on the box, each time different one, still nothing. these buttons are working fine (checked them just in case!)

Well that also tried to flash old image, even for that it says press OK, but nothing happens after except booting the installed image, in other words same with old or new image that i try to flash.

I let it boot to 100%, I can see it still loading the old image.

thanks, I will do and let you know outcome.

I had to send to them 4 months ago because went dead suddenly, I am not sure if this is caused by that repair...

many thanks

its possible that the bootloader you have is that old, youll need the tmtwin folder instead of the tmtwinoe folder, however, vix themselfs say that helios is no good for the TM receivers, and their latest stable (ish) image for them is zeus 023

i personally find the pli based 4D images a lor more stable

There is nothing wrong with the image, just the drivers.

Getting someone to understand that taking receiver out of standby creates a problem was difficult to do.

The bot on another forum has got 2507 drivers.

I was also thinking to try 4D image....
is there an autobouquet maker on 4D or something similar to keep sky channel listing order?
and if I decide to use 4D do I have to just flash their image or is there also a bootloader to flash before?

4D images have bootloader included. Just flash whole package.

ABM should be pre-installed on the 4d images.

You can use either ABM or Lraizer's AutoBouquets.

thanks. I'll try this and let u know if it works

The bot on another forum has got 2507 drivers.

ive got them on my archive site dating back to 2012, and theres only 117 files there

the 4D image has the required bootloader in with the image, and also has ABM installed as standard, a new 4D image was released yesterday

Update
I've managed to flash the latest 4D image. I just had a problem when after flashing you need to press for exit button..this kept the box stuck on looping but when I tried with just holding down exit button for 20sec it worked fine.
I've got everything working fine now for 2days and recordings with timers are good too.
Only thing is 1channel plugin didn't work it crashed the box...not a big issue coz I never use it just wanted to try what was it...i just use ABM and crossEPG nd both work perfectly.
Thanks to all of u guys for ur help.

Back