Mobile Phones Problem connecting to internet via mobile phone ?

dgc808

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All, I have recently purchased a Nokia N95 8gb mobile :proud: and it is working great ! but I am having a problem connecting to the internet via wireless networks. I can connect via my wireless network at home and at a friends house no problem, the problem I am having is trying to access the internet via other wireless networks when I am out and about. I normally search for available networks and select the ones without any security and try to get onto the internet but I get a (No gateway reply) error ! Just wondering how come I can get on using my wireless with & without security on, but not on some other wireless networks even without security enabled ?

Cheers DGC808

Hi All, I have recently purchased a Nokia N95 8gb mobile :proud: and it is working great ! but I am having a problem connecting to the internet via wireless networks. I can connect via my wireless network at home and at a friends house no problem, the problem I am having is trying to access the internet via other wireless networks when I am out and about. I normally search for available networks and select the ones without any security and try to get onto the internet but I get a (No gateway reply) error ! Just wondering how come I can get on using my wireless with & without security on, but not on some other wireless networks even without security enabled ?

Cheers DGC808

how is the N95 set up in terms of network? have you assigned it an IP and default gateway? because if you have, it be onlyset up for your router and not everyone elses. Try setting it as obtain automatically.

If it already is, then i guess people probably have mac address filter or ip filter or something like that asyou can connect to your own network all ok.

when my brother had his, he had to constantly restart the router to get it to connect for some reason.

Back