Prob a bit late but annoying

ra3ac

Inactive User
Reaction score
I know its all changing now/soon but its just annoying me. I have a V+ box with a card I imaged years ago and though nothing of it - all channels turned off about 3 weeks ago and I couldnt find the keys. Assuemed date expired but couldnt read the card as its a blockered image, tried everything,

I got the Box key and IRD with Boxgetpc2 and made a toxic card. Wierd thing is IRD is different from the IRD converted from sticker on the back of the box. Using IRD from boxgetpc I get most channels (no hd or Movies) but i get a message that states I have inserted an incorrect card but then shows me the channel anyway. With the IRD from the back of box i get incorrect card and no channels.

Im happy I have channels and more importantly the record function; I know its prob going to turn off any min now but just annoying me that i dont know why its doing it. Bit of a wast of time but any ideas?

what area are you in? it sounds like the cam id on the image is not correct for the area?
also if you got the box off someone it may have been a different main board from original and thats why the ird doesnt match up.

cam id I used started with 27 - live in St Albans, believe pure area.

If i used the wrong IRD would I still get channels? does give wrong card info thou

for pure the cam id should start 24, if you area is 3.7 software pull your card out, you should get a pop up message saying make sure your card for set top box xxxxxxxxxxx is inserted correctly,
convert that number in windows calc and that gives you the ird from the board.
but afaik the box would say invalid smartcard and only 1 - 5 would work with the wrong ird.
or all channels mite work but still give you invalid smartcard message on channel change.

Last edited:
It might of been 24, im at work. Thats for the info scottyboy, will give it a try next week as have a few days off. Just dont know if its a waste of but something to do

Thanks scottyboy, all working fine now - got IRD from error message rather than back of box

Back