priiloader on 4.2E

q2uantum

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, just softmodded a 4.2E wii and have followed this guide:

Full hacking guide for 4.2 system menus!!!!

I want to try and get Priiloader installed on it but I have hit a brick wall! Been trying this for about 2 hours now and the outcome is I get an error that says

FAILED TO GET ROOT

Has any one any ideas on what this is and how to fix??

Regards

q2

yeah downgrade to 4.1e then get somewhere :Cheers: try 0.29 first then go to one of the others

yeah downgrade to 4.1e then get somewhere :Cheers: try 0.29 first then go to one of the others

So its not possible to install priiloader or preloader on 4.2e?

i got mixed up with preloader not priiloader

Last edited:
hahahaha! All I had to do was hold B down while installing 0.30!!! God I feel so thick... thanks for the heads up m8

q2uantum

thought you couldnt downgrade 4.2e as it will brick??

If you can could you explain pweese... i have 4.2e which is gay as it doesnt play games i want ... plus doesnt play games from disk channel...

thought you couldnt downgrade 4.2e as it will brick??

If you can could you explain pweese... i have 4.2e which is gay as it doesnt play games i want ... plus doesnt play games from disk channel...

u CAN downgrade to 4.1e m8 i nearly bricked mine doing it . i had corrupt system files come up then it disappeared after another bootup lol

then i didnt have nice instructions

4.2 to 4.1
Optional; For those looking on how to get back to 4.1 for whatever reason, mainly region free hacks, look here.

WARNING: SPOILER INSIDE
(show)
(hide)

Setting up the SD Card
1st download the precompiled link downgrade.zip for your region by emailing [email protected] or [email protected]

Extract the "downgrade.zip" & put the files onto a SD card & insert the SD card into the Wii.

Downgrading your Wii
Run WAD Manager 1.5 from The Homebrew Channel.
When it opens choose IOS249. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled.
Press A to open from SD slot.
*Really important stuff here! Do not skip or alter steps in any way!*
Install IOS60-64-v6174 [TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad
Install System Menu-NUS-v449.wad [NTSC-J = v448; PAL = v450]
*End.*

Last edited:
Back