Preloader hack.ini help

replayman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all i'm on 4.2E and installed hackmii with the HBC fine. i've now loaded preloader 0.29 and i cant get it to reconize my hack.ini file? I downloaded the 4.2 system menu hack.ini file from wibrew channel. Any ideas?

install this preloader over the top of ur other one mate and change the hacks.ini for the one i included ;o)

Last edited:
Or you can just redownload the original download you used and reformat the SD card.

I had the problem last night and tried redownloading other hack.ini files but had no success, then reformatted and redownloaded the original download and it went through OK

Or you can just redownload the original download you used and reformat the SD card.

I had the problem last night and tried redownloading other hack.ini files but had no success, then reformatted and redownloaded the original download and it went through OK

i always install 0.29 first as it doesnt seem to have as many problems installing as the newer ones, then install preloader 0.30 or priiloader over the top. this just the way i do it lol

Last edited:
install this preloader over the top of ur other one mate and change the hacks.ini for the one i included ;o)

Mate, is it worth installing this even though I can't install it as Boot2...?

Also, is it worth me looking at StartPatch instead, giving all the shit I'm having with my SoftMod?

(Sorry for the thread hijack.)

Thank you Jenno and all your other input i just stuck that hacks.ini file from the file and worked a treat. cool. reps added.

Mate, is it worth installing this even though I can't install it as Boot2...?

Also, is it worth me looking at StartPatch instead, giving all the shit I'm having with my SoftMod?

(Sorry for the thread hijack.)

ESPECIALLY if no boot 2 m8 preloader is ur only protection against a banner brick . i dont mention startpatch coz i dont use it.

also if no boot 2 dont forget that if you change the system menu/take the official update it will wipe out preloader (can be installed again) so be v careful m8.

Last edited:
ESPECIALLY if no boot 2 m8 preloader is ur only protection against a banner brick . i dont mention startpatch coz i dont use it.

also if no boot 2 dont forget that if you change the system menu/take the official update it will wipe out preloader (can be installed again) so be v careful m8.

Thanks for that mate, appreciate it. I'll give it a whirl later on.

Back