Powerline Adaptor Question

mas123

Inactive User
Reaction score
If I told you that I would have to kill you.
I've got VM using a super hub on 50mb deal. The hub is upstairs and downstairs we have crappy internet signal. We moved in to our house 13 years ago and at the time we had it fully rewired. Therefore, I am assuming that power line adaptors should work effectively?

Also any ideas on some good deals for power line adaptors? Basically want one end to connect via ethernet to the super hub and the other end to be wireless.

Right guys need some help. As stated above I am using VM super hub in router mode. Connecting to it wirelessly and it works fine.

In addition to this I'm using an ethernet cable connected to the super hub and have put that in another wireless router (d-link), when I connect to the d-link router wirelessly I am getting no internet. I have tried connecting directly from super hub to laptop via ethernet and it works fine. Therefore, I know the problem lies with the d-link router somewhere (maybe it is not assigning ip address??).

Any help would be appreciated!

Right guys need some help. As stated above I am using VM super hub in router mode. Connecting to it wirelessly and it works fine.

In addition to this I'm using an ethernet cable connected to the super hub and have put that in another wireless router (d-link), when I connect to the d-link router wirelessly I am getting no internet. I have tried connecting directly from super hub to laptop via ethernet and it works fine. Therefore, I know the problem lies with the d-link router somewhere (maybe it is not assigning ip address??).

Any help would be appreciated!

Drop the D-Link (too hard to explain), Ebuyer do a range of ethernet or wireless extenders - best not try ethernet in- wireless out unless you're an experimenter with infinite patience lol

Easier just to do Superhub wireless extender using summat like this TP-Link 200Mbps Wireless-N300 Powerline Extender | Ebuyer.com

:)

I have D link model DL-524, used as a range extender, in same configuration you are trying, and it works without problems.

I also have the original Superhub version (configured as modem only) and the Virgin 50mb link.

From the D link, I run a wired desktop, another desktop (with wireless adapter) and a wireless laptop.
Two Kindle's are also connected on occasion, and itinerant gadgets used by visitors.

The only problem I had when setting it up, was allowing the D Link to allocate it's own wireless channel.
The D link chose channel 14 (used in some countries), but the laptop could only recognize channels 1 to12, as could the wireless desktop,
which was then running XP and Mint. After changing the channel to within the 1 to 12 range, the setup has worked flawlessly for over a year.

Don't know whether this applies to all D link models, but worth a quick look.
You can see / change the wireless channel from the D link menu (192.168.0.1 from your browser).

This only applies if your laptop etc can't detect the D link router, but I have no other issues.

Currys do the on networks range, I have used them along with the wireless repeater and think they are good enough.

Back