Power cable fault, disapeared all my channels? Plz Help

kamhey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Gents,

I have a DM500-S dreambox. As watching the tv this morning, the box shutdown. I tried switching the box on again, but no power! I change its power cable & switched on the box. All channels had gone. I just get a green PLI screen and nothing else. How do I get all the channels back.

How do I get the box working again? Do I need to connect it to the computer & do what? Please help, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be the image is corrupt, have you tried to re-flash the box with a new image?

People are helping you with this in your other post your double posting the same problem !!!! best to stick to one post bit confusing :nopity:

Thanks, how do I reflash the image? Where and what image do I flash? What cable is needed to connect the box to the laptop? Thanks for the info, sorry I'm a newbie.

Thanks, how do I reflash the image? Where and what image do I flash? What cable is needed to connect the box to the laptop? Thanks for the info, sorry I'm a newbie.

To answer your questions..... (not sure if this is still relevant for the DM500, so someone else please say)

First make sure the receiver is connected to your network, hold in the only button on the front of the receiver, and power it on.

The receiver has now gone into #STOP# mode, has been given an IP Address and is waiting to be flashed; wait for the red and green to be on together, but (to note):

After about 20 seconds, you will notice the red/green lights are going weird.

The green light will flash once, then a quick red flash, 9 greens, one red, 2 green, 1 red, 1 green, 1 red, 6 green, 1 red, 8 green, 1 red.

The receiver has just displayed you some numbers, with a red flash as a marker between them, and its just told you the start of an IP address, 192.168 etc.

A long red flash is a zero, so for example, one long red, another long red, 1 green, 1 quick red, one long red, 1 green, i fast red and 2 green

Now the red and green come on together, and it starts over again.

It’s just flashed out :

192168001012 which translates to the IP 192.168.1.12

Typing this into a Firefox/Chrome/Internet Explorer or other browser window brings up the firmware upgrade screen, where you browse to the image, and 90 seconds later its on the receiver.

You can flash with any image you prefer.

Last edited:
Can I reflash the image without box to laptop connection? My laptop does not have a mull serial connector input. It has rs232 port.

I just explained what you need to do without using a serial connection.

You have no need for a serial connector, unless it's absolutely necessary and as already said an RS232 Port is a serial connection.

hi perhaps you got sorted by now?
if not try using the programme universal dreamup to reflash the box with perhaps the nabilosat or the gemini image , both work great!!!
regards

Back