Poor picture quality cure

jimrad45

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys...
I've recently moved away from Sky and subscribed to UPC..I had a SKY+ HD box which gave a pretty good picture on my Samsung LCD TV...
Now with the new UPC box the picture signal is carried by a SCART lead and it's really crap to say the least..
My question is can I upscale the TV picture through an upscaling DVD player or a Bluray player?..Is it possible to do this,SCART from the TV into the player and then output thru HDMI to the TV?
I know there are SCART to HDMI upscaling adapters but I have read some bad reports on these, not true 720p..and besides I need a new DVD/Bluray player..Hopefully somebody can enlighten me because 2 weeks into this new subscription and I'm regretting it already (picture quality wise)...As always your help is much appreciated..
Cheers.
Jim

I know its a pretty basic answer mate but have you tried another scart I've just googled your problem and that's the first suggestion also have a look on the back of your tv and see if one of the scart sockets say rgb on them and just try switching the scart to a different socket if that doesnt work have a look in the settings on the tv and receiver for a option for rgb i had a satellite receiver that i fixed this way a while back.

Hi marra...
Yeah,changing the SCART to a higher quality one made no difference....But I think I may have a soloution, Map**n's have a SCART to HDMI converter that looks like it's good very good quality offering up to 1080p...Think I'll give that a go and see what happens,can't be any worse than what I have now..Cheers for the reply.
Jim

Back