Police charge Vincent Tabak with Jo Yeates murder

fisco2001

Inactive User
Reaction score
A man has been charged with murdering landscape architect Jo Yeates.

Avon and Somerset Police said 32-year-old Dutch national Vincent Tabak, who was arrested on Thursday, will appear at Bristol Magistrates Court on Monday.

Miss Yeates, 25, was found dead on Christmas Day, eight days after going missing from her home in the Clifton area of Bristol.

Her body was found next to a country road in Failand, three miles from where she lived.

A post-mortem examination revealed she had been strangled.

Miss Yeates, who was originally from Ampfield in Hampshire, was reported missing by her 27-year-old boyfriend Greg Reardon on 19 December when he returned to their home after a weekend away visiting family in Sheffield.

She disappeared on 17 December after going for Christmas drinks with colleagues at her architectural firm.

Mr Tabak, an engineer, lived next door to Miss Yeates on Canynge Road.

Earlier this week a reconstruction for the BBC's Crimewatch programme was filmed, tracing Miss Yeates's last steps.

There have also been a number of public appeals from her family.

BBC News - Police charge Vincent Tabak with Jo Yeates murder

Let's hope he is the right suspect this time and if so gets his just punishment.
I hope if it is him he has the balls to tell the parents why he took there daughter away from them.

I would guess the police have some good evidence to charge him

he was probably a marked man for a while but i suppose they waited until he returned for his holiday... now the body will be released, she can be laid to rest...

Back