plex media server

phawk754

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i have set up a plex media server on a pc that i have ubuntu 12.10 server installed on but i have a problem

this setup work fine when playing to my pc with windows 7 installed and xbmc but when i try and play thing with my dvd-play a Panasonic DMP-BD77 which is DLNA certified it will only play a few files

i have been looking in to how to fix this but it look like i need to make a new profile for this dvd player

i do not have a clue how to do this so before i wast years of my life working out how to do this has anyone on here done one for this modal ?

It might be the DVD player not having the correct codecs, is there a firmware update available for it, does it play these movies directly i.e. from stick or burnt to disc??

i have not tried to be fair as plex can transcoder on the fly for files that are not supported and that is where my problem is as it needs to know which ones to transcoder and that where the profile comes in to play

I did a very quick search for a plex profile for that model but didn't find anything , sorry

Back