Please,please help!!!!!black screen of death????

I had this black screen and a usb hard drive that was connected was causing it - might be worth trying to boot with nothing in the usb ports and no sd card inserted to see what happens

hang on a sec lol you havent got bootmii installed have you mate?
just for the sake of it mate try turning on your wii and immediately press and hold reset.

Tried that marra still no joy ..tried it with sd card in and with hacks.ini on the root of sd card still same thing black screen only.

I had this black screen and a usb hard drive that was connected was causing it - might be worth trying to boot with nothing in the usb ports and no sd card inserted to see what happens

Had a wii remote docking station attache to the wii unplugged it and tried again still no joy what so ever.

dont think im taking the pi** here mate but the tv cable is in properly isnt it im just wondering because your getting a slight picture, it worked, then a couple of hrs later it dosent and the wii is lighting up when you turn it on and somebody may need to confirm this but the red light on the disc slot when the wii is off means 24connect is on dosen't it? it could just be a dodgy vga cable or its not in properly.

another thing mate if the above proves to be bo**ocks if your googling the prob whilst waiting for replies mate we are trying to get the hbc to show to reinstall wads to fix your system menu well at least thats my angle lol.

Last edited:
marra i realy apreciate all you and the boys efforts i realy do..working from home at the mo so apolagies for the slow reply mate..do i need to have anything else on the SD card besides the hackmii.ini file or do i need hbc channel bootmii stuff as well,ive tried that many things think me heads gonna blow..anyways finished work for the day now gonna pick my girls up from scholl be back about 4..Marra the pic i see of the menu when the wii boots up is very very faint in the background but its deffo there if only for a second and far away in the black background.

Im in manchester and am considering going to bowlers with it at weekend(local cpu fair)but ill probably get stung an arm and a leg there thats just for info lols.

no worries about the late replys mate we cant all be near are comps all the time i wish i couldnt tbh lol (been out of work 18month now) you dont need bootmii.ini at all mate you dont have bootmii installed you need to make sure the hacks.ini is on the root/right at the begining of your sd card thats for preloader (your only hope up to now) we need to get preloader to show so we can get to the hbc so the system menu can be reinstalled it dont matter what is on your sd mate but hacks.ini definatly needs to be there.

just checking something, when your wii is on is it the disc slot thats lit up red or your power button mate.

this may help im not 100% if its legit/works or not because it dont look to hard to do lol [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPIzoqVizoQ"]SaveMiiFrii[/ame] i have heard about it before and have just read up on it i cant remember if you said you was on 3.3e or not if you are or anything less than 4.0 this could sort you providing the system menu is still there all you need is a gc controller and a game with a update on higher than the one you are on its probably worth a try.

Last edited:
no worries about the late replys mate we cant all be near are comps all the time i wish i couldnt tbh lol (been out of work 18month now) you dont need bootmii.ini at all mate you dont have bootmii installed you need to make sure the hacks.ini is on the root/right at the begining of your sd card thats for preloader (your only hope up to now) we need to get preloader to show so we can get to the hbc so the system menu can be reinstalled it dont matter what is on your sd mate but hacks.ini definatly needs to be there.

just checking something, when your wii is on is it the disc slot thats lit up red or your power button mate.

this may help im not 100% if its legit/works or not because it dont look to hard to do lol SaveMiiFrii i have heard about it before and have just read up on it i cant remember if you said you was on 3.3e or not if you are or anything less than 4.0 this could sort you providing the system menu is still there all you need is a gc controller and a game with a update on higher than the one you are on its probably worth a try.

Thanks marra all the above sounds good to me mate and at this desperate time anything is worth a try.. i will give it a go after t time and report my findings as soon as.

G.

Right tried everything from marras post above but still no joy..so im kind thinking this wii is totally borked or the graphics GPU has goneand if its the latter then there is no way of getting this wii to work is there??

Right tried everything from marras post above but still no joy..so im kind thinking this wii is totally borked or the graphics GPU has goneand if its the latter then there is no way of getting this wii to work is there??

other than sending it back to nintendo mate im not sure what you can do now then didn't you take it to bowlers m8?

No marra not yet dont have the funds and just been told this week im going to be made redundant very shortly,so its not raining on me right now its pouring and my sons PS3 has stopped reading games but will read movies so more joy to br hold...NOT!!

Mate of mine straight swapped the wii for a brand new one but it comes with firmware 4.1 so can this still be softmoded or can it be modded with a modchip still?

Marra..i manged to succesfully softmod the wii useing the link you gave me and all is fine the only thing nagging me know mate is i have no bootmii or preloader installed and i want to make a backup of my nand so was wandering if you could help me out in what to do..cant install bootmii as boot 2 i remember it saying when softmodding the wii in the options where you install bootmii hbc ect,so is preloader the way to go and what else can i install to stop the wii from looking at my discs for updates.

Its this guide here mate is what i used to softmod the wii and im useing neogammer 6 to load backup games but any help be most aprecited marra.

NEW AND IMPROVED WII SOFTMOD GUIDE !

G.

Last edited:
glad your sorted mate, if you cant install bootmii to boot2 mate leave it and as you say install preloader and from Here also you will need to make a hacks file so goto here and copy and paste the hacks text to a txt file and save it as hacks.ini and put that on your sd card then all you need to do mate is rename the preloader dol file to boot.dol put it in a folder called preloader and put that folder into the apps folder on your sd card then goto to the hbc and boot preloader and it should install then once installed it should boot to preloader so you can select your hacks and options once done save and to get to preloader in the future when you turn on the wii with the power button press and hold the reset button and preloader will boot, the hacks are explained in this Link mate incase you need a heads up.

EDIT: there is a hacks.ini with the preloader download if you have any trouble with that do as i described above it may be ok but the hacks.ini in the download was wrote before 4.1 came out and the text for the 4.1 hacks.ini is at the link i posted so you could just edit the one with preloader.

Last edited by a moderator:
glad your sorted mate, if you cant install bootmii to boot2 mate leave it and as you say install preloader and from Here also you will need to make a hacks file so goto here and copy and paste the hacks text to a txt file and save it as hacks.ini and put that on your sd card then all you need to do mate is rename the preloader dol file to boot.dol put it in a folder called preloader and put that folder into the apps folder on your sd card then goto to the hbc and boot preloader and it should install then once installed it should boot to preloader so you can select your hacks and options once done save and to get to preloader in the future when you turn on the wii with the power button press and hold the reset button and preloader will boot, the hacks are explained in this Link mate incase you need a heads up.

EDIT: there is a hacks.ini with the preloader download if you have any trouble with that do as i described above it may be ok but the hacks.ini in the download was wrote before 4.1 came out and the text for the 4.1 hacks.ini is at the link i posted so you could just edit the one with preloader.

marra you are a legend my friend and i realy do apreciate your efforts and quick help and good advice.

I will tackle it tomorrow and let you know my ongoings.

Again marra in all seriously..THANK YOU!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back