waza

Firstly I thank you world of digital members for your information,

I have tried to program Sammy box today my step was as follows

I have remove talkback 2 SMD resistors R416 & r417

Disconnect battery & connected after 2 minutes

On engineer menu I have enter new pin and Net ID

Next I have connect my Samsung Debug Tool

When I have select Samsung 2100 ex CW Dump keys

I have IRD starts 3E 32 7F AB not the same as old starts 12……

I have entered Net ID and select check sum and copy byte 0x000 from memory OCD to select read I have my Box Key

I have program my flash with my box key & Ird using Rst v1.4 and infinity USB

Now I have few channel BBC1, 2 10, 13 67 & 68 with fun card or not the same channel,

Please help

Did you boot the sammy correctly for the boxkey else you get the encrypted boxkey ?

*Instuctions Samsung 2100*

Boot the box up with jtag connected, no cable feed. Wait till display goes LD:20
Press and hold (down arrow button) on front of box for about 5 seconds or release when display reaches LD:40.

On program select samsung model type and then select dump keys.

Thank you Monty I will try this again.

How do I know the Samsung 2100 model if it is (Ex C&W) or (Davic)

dont forget you need to enter any card doesnt matter which .. rom fun atmega tit.. if u dont u wont get your boxkey right :)

one tip that some times it will not give the correct bk to find out the real bk try the different bytes without the orignal card,with the feed in and the return code should have 00s for the ird ie

feed in, connect jtag to box and type the bytes in and if ird look like:

00 00 00 00 {bk}

then thats the real bk.

Before you attempt to get the bk make sure that the box gets an update. Once the netid is entered the field should be locked.. if not then use the jtag method to set the netid.

I am having roblem with the samsung too I have followed the procedure written bu monty by I am still not getting the correct ird and box info, the box key is coming up as DCD55C10000 which is way too wrong and so is the ird. any suggestions. when I try a different model it gives somthing different but not the correct ird. I know what the ird is from the eng menu now need the box key.

Its because the bk location has moved on davic boxes. They updated new firmware to the box last week and bk has now shifted to 0x00931c58. bke2.1 has been patched for this. Ive attached this Copy and Paste over old bke :Cheers:

btw some get the bk by booting the sammy in to the engineer menu with jtag. But for davic boxes use the read me with debug tool.

what byte u put in(2 get bk) depends on the area the box was bought from or mainly to where it was designed to be used.

ok now the box originates from somewhere i dont know as I brought it of sunday market. Now what can I do to get the BK?

download the sammy byte file provided in the download section alternatively u could use sdt debug. try it. these commands are to be used with a jtag

That is what I have been using. Does anyone knows what the excext command is for ODC Commander?

Have you tried the bytes from the downloads section?

I got mine from - byte 0x00941460 ff

recently the software on the sammy boxes has upgraged so the bk and ird information has moved. need to update the information dont know here to find it.

tips for jtagging:
1. connection-
scart; tv-stb
power
cable-feed

2.j-tag connections
pin2 ->3.3v or vcc
pin4 to 20->0v or GND
pin5->TDI
pin7->TMS
pin9->TCK
pin13->TDO
(if u get initallising error its the connections, simply cut wire shorter and resolder if possible use flux and make sure it doen't over hang the spot if solder provided as its grounded around the spot)

3. byte commands(connection port is a 20 pin port found on the left hand side to the power jack)
byte 0x009004E4 FF
byte 0X00941460 ff
byte 0x008f16b0 ff
byte 0x00931ccc ff
byte 0x00931Be4 12
byte 0x20020004 ff
byte 0x00941464 ff
byte 0x00941460 12

note: remove any card.
and the byte that presents 00 00 00 00 bk bk bk bk bk bk bk bk 90 90 90 90
that will be ur correct bk not the other ones, well this was the case for davic aka pure n*l.

(warning!!: b4 jtag u should have the net id set and talkback cut)

hope this helps

Back