Pirated Windows XP fades to black

neither to do I, in fact the cheapest way to get a license is to stick a hookey copy on then go and buy it when the validation comes up.

lol, it would be rather unlikely that MS would leak this info...

I don't really know anything about this sort of thing to be honest, but I was literally reading it by chance before I spotted this thread...the bloke goes on to mention that it's part of the KB905474 update :confused:

I think I wouldnt mind that as a desktop just to fool the sox guys in the office

I don't really know anything about this sort of thing to be honest, but I was literally reading it by chance before I spotted this thread...the bloke goes on to mention that it's part of the KB905474 update :confused:

wasnt that the one from a few years back , l remember something like that

if you've got a hookey copy of xp with sp3 then you've got a fairly decent version of windows.
Disabling windows update now isn't going to do you any harm is it?
it's as good as it's going to get and support is now being scaled down drastically..

who gives a F

Last edited:
the patch i used to validate mine is still working fine

no unwanted validation pish for me

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

pirate.png

shiver me timbers

Unbelievable!

I once bought Sever 2003 but that was only because it was urgently needed for work and it still hurts me to this day.
It was easier and quicker than waiting for a download.

Plus, I just got to a point where I couldnt be arsed downloading stuff anymore.

Must admit, I now buy my Operating Systems, as previously stated itsmore hassle than its worth (for me anyway) pishing around looking for cracks.

Saying that I still find the cheapest way of buying the system, whether it be OEM, Student version upgrades to operating systems I don't already own. So I supose not entirely legit.

If it got to the point where it was too much hassle I would stick with linux anyway.

I had something like this on my mother in laws pc last week got that translucent message and i just thought the screen saver needed resetting. Since i downloaded the update i had to try and fix it and guess what there is a fix for it already (if that is what i experienced) and i managed to shift the black screen and the genuine advantage thingy ma bob. Anything they do just get's worked around so I stay well away from the panic button nowadays lol.

I did buy xp when it came out, copied it and took it back and got my money back.

thebigman

When does the WGA get updated exactly? does it happen automatically.

Back