Phoneline help

al pacino

Senior Member +++
Reaction score
i have a ''hypothetical'' :pimp: situation here

I use BT and have broadband , a few months ago i moved up to a different package ,faster speeds etc ,im unsure of the contract legnth at the moment (The bt is in my girlfriends name by the way)

We are now moving home and it has virgin cable connectins there .

I was going to contact BT :
details here

'If there's a working line in the property connection should be free of charge, but if the line needs to be reconnected or a new line is required a connection charge of £124.99 will apply

now iv noticed that the wiring from the bt line has been cut within the property & i dont fancy paying £124.99 ...

so im thinking feck it and feck BT ( dont fancy paying a cancellation fee and the remaing contract) , would rather just get sorted with virgin

so if ''hypothetically" my Girlfriend stopped the direct debit and we just moved away , would BT hve a way of tracking us down ??

ideas or help would be most appreciated

cheers

regards al

so if ''hypothetically" my Girlfriend stopped the direct debit and we just moved away , would BT hve a way of tracking us down ??

Lol, yes. They have her bank details, and you can't get the bank to stop a direct debit. You need to get BT to do that.

im sure she can stop the direct debits (well i can and have before via online banking) but still they can give her a bad credit rating for future & keep trying to bill bank etc

Lol, yes. They have her bank details, and you can't get the bank to stop a direct debit. You need to get BT to do that.

"The direct debit guarantee applies to all banks and building societies taking part in the direct debit scheme. It says that:

If there is a change in the amount to be paid or the payment date, the person receiving the payment (the originator) must notify the customer in advance.

If the originator or the bank/building society makes an error, the customer is guaranteed a full and immediate refund of the amount paid.

Customers can cancel a direct debit at any time by writing to their bank or building society.

"

Back