moving to flat

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys -im moving from my present residence, ive got a room to rent in a household shared with other tenants, there is a virgin media broadband connection there and wifi is provided for all tenants living there. Now i have my vu+duo2 to take there but cannot use it because it needs a direct connection, splitting the cable feed is a no as it would get me in trouble. what are my altenatives kodi on my duo is an option but ive been playing around with it and its not to my liking. what are my other options of getiing sports,movies etc, basiucally what im getting here now in my present house with cable cs...i suppose i could tell vm that i want to take my present virmin superhub to the new flat and if they can hook it up for me, but i suppsose it will be costly, from what ive read they will need to install a new line to my room and hence a new contract. I have a good contarct at the moment and have around 9 months to go...any ideas adice?..ta

I would of thought they would do that for free mate.

If not then install the Sportsnation repo and sportsmania repo google them both for a full explanation.

Get a decent iptv sub and and home plugs.Tp links

thanks guys ill try ferret suggestions .ill ring vm up and see what they say, im in a contract so i suppose even if they charge a little bit to install i dont mind, but ill try to see if i can get them to do it for free..as for iptv i still need connection to superhub port..whivh is in the hallway as you enter..dont think landlord will like that..

thanks guys ill try ferret suggestions .ill ring vm up and see what they say, im in a contract so i suppose even if they charge a little bit to install i dont mind, but ill try to see if i can get them to do it for free..as for iptv i still need connection to superhub port..whivh is in the hallway as you enter..dont think landlord will like that..

IPTV should be fine over the wifi connection mate, you may even be better off asking your supplier for a bouquets/epg script and running iptv from your favourites button.

i lived in a shared accomadation a few years ago and virgin moved my services from my old flat to the shared property free of charge.
just make sure the landlord is happy if any drilling etc is required to put your equipment into your room.

i lived in a shared accomadation a few years ago and virgin moved my services from my old flat to the shared property free of charge.
just make sure the landlord is happy if any drilling etc is required to put your equipment into your room.
i did ring virgin media, they said that it will cost £20 as its a 2 man job, i was speaking to some bloke with indian accent, i presume an indian call center, i dont mind paying the £20 but when i spoke to a irish woman a day earlier she said it shoudnt be a problem...and will be free...landlord is fine with it...will wait and see what happens..

i did ring virgin media, they said that it will cost £20 as its a 2 man job, i was speaking to some bloke with indian accent, i presume an indian call center, i dont mind paying the £20 but when i spoke to a irish woman a day earlier she said it shoudnt be a problem...and will be free...landlord is fine with it...will wait and see what happens..

I've just seen on there website it's a £20 fee for an engineer or free if you connect it yourself choosing quick start self install.....things have changed, I cant remember even paying the activation fee they charge now.
pity you still have 9 months to go or I would tell them to shove it up there ass...then you would get it done for free.

yes , unfortunately i got no cable going into flat 4 where im gonna stay, but i can use the communal wifi for the time being till my line is installed...gonna move tommorrow...got the key today..then hook up my vu+duo2..been trying iptv..might give that a go , will get a months sub from my supplier..

Back