Phantom Recording on H2S Box

Rex the Wolf

Inactive User
Reaction score
My box seems to have decided which shows I should watch, and records them without any input from me!

This has started happening a few days ago. At first I just deleted the shows - anything up to 10-15 of them but the following day another batch of shows appear. Many of these are on Channel 4HD and recorded during the night (3.00 - 7.00 am) mostly repeats of shows I would never watch in normal viewing times. It has also recorded shows that I was currently watching.

I have looked at all the recording settings and can see nothing wrong. My box is a Zgemma H2s on the current version of Wooshbuild and I am recording to a 1Tb Hitachi hard drive.

Any suggestions?

Someone ftping to your box ?
or Ask next door if he has one. He might me recording same remote and setting your box as well lol,,make sure he doesn't tape any late night biology channels (cough, cough)

My box seems to have decided which shows I should watch, and records them without any input from me!

This has started happening a few days ago. At first I just deleted the shows - anything up to 10-15 of them but the following day another batch of shows appear. Many of these are on Channel 4HD and recorded during the night (3.00 - 7.00 am) mostly repeats of shows I would never watch in normal viewing times. It has also recorded shows that I was currently watching.

I have looked at all the recording settings and can see nothing wrong. My box is a Zgemma H2s on the current version of Wooshbuild and I am recording to a 1Tb Hitachi hard drive.

Any suggestions?

Check you have not set any auto timers.

If you do by mistake it will then record every program under that name.

Dont think so but its an interesting concept. I live in the sticks and my nearest neighbours would not be up to that technically. What your suggesting would actually be history rather than biology channels for them! But thanks for the suggestion anyway :hubbahubba:

Someone ftping to your box ?
or Ask next door if he has one. He might me recording same remote and setting your box as well lol,,make sure he doesn't tape any late night biology channels (cough, cough)

Your never too old to pin a tale on someone

Check you have not set any auto timers.

If you do by mistake it will then record every program under that name.

Thanks for the reply.

In the Timer Overview window it shows 2 series that I am recording, but none are currently showing. Under Cron Manager, (I do not understand what this is?) it shows Autostart : Active and Current Status: Running.
Is this the problem?

The only other thing I forgot to mention in the original post is that last weekend, I "tinkered" with Timeshift settings as I kept getting and error message popping up relating to timeshift settings but I cannot remember specifically what.

In the last hour 3 new recording have been added to the File List. " of these were on a sports channel that I had been watching and another on Channel 4 HD ???

that'll be the problem then. you have set up timeshift.
the box will record whatever channel you are watching incase you want to rewind it..

that'll be the problem then. you have set up timeshift.
the box will record whatever channel you are watching incase you want to rewind it.

Thanks for that - I didnt understand the implications of the timeshift options. Have deleted all the unwanted recordings - should be fine now Cheers :Wave:

Back