Petrol Rant

Just to give everyone an idea in real time : When the first post was done a litre was £1.06.9 ? round here (surrey) you will pay somewhere in the region of £112.00 and diesel £115.00 ltr !!!! somethings got to give they are taking the piss, these taxes are way to large on all fuels and with the new road tax groups we are all set to be walking soon.:CRYBABY:

WALK..what's that then, some new kinda transport, where do I get one.:proud:

What really vexes me, is everyone loves to talk about petrol prices and how expensive it is, but no one does anything. The solution is so simple and has been round for years and it only requires people to put their convenient life on hold for a short while and you watch the reaction from the oil companies and government. But as we're a nation of moaners and not do'ers they'll keep getting away with it.

What really vexes me, is everyone loves to talk about petrol prices and how expensive it is, but no one does anything. The solution is so simple and has been round for years and it only requires people to put their convenient life on hold for a short while and you watch the reaction from the oil companies and government. But as we're a nation of moaners and not do'ers they'll keep getting away with it.

Fully agree with ya chum, actions speak louder than words !! (lets talk about that point lol)

a nation full of armchair warriors, will moan till theyre purple about anything, but not lift a finger to do anything about it

join the forum in the post above this one, i did back last year

sod that - I got rid of my car and now walk everywhere - if everyone else did the same thing then we wouldnt have 26% of this problem lol

Fully agree with ya chum, actions speak louder than words !! (lets talk about that point lol)

Exactly, come to think of it my avatar kind of reflects what British people like these days. Crying little babies at home moaning, lol.

Problem is the solution wouldnt work unless everyone and I mean literally everyone joined in and did in the country who own or use any type of vehicle.

karym6;1217463 the common example is France said:
not sure what you mean by comparable but it certainly is cheaper there. i was in paris for 3 weeeks in december and the prices were so low i stpped to take photos and had diesel pis*ing all over the forecourt. about 70p a litre it was

have to disagree with you there. the government has to make their cut so if less people use it the tax goes up.its like the utility bills. everyone gets economy a appliances so the total energy usage goes down but they increase the prices and quote the 'avarage' bill

went passed a garage today just off m1 j20 and i couldnt belive it diesel £1.21 admittedly 4 miles away a shell stn had it at £1.15 but

but at £1.21 a ltr that is £5.50 a gallon

i've given up now. i been filling up all last week at 1.15 to 1.19.

got myself loads of them shell v power ferraris! :)

went passed a garage today just off m1 j20 and i couldnt belive it diesel £1.21 admittedly 4 miles away a shell stn had it at £1.15 but

but at £1.21 a ltr that is £5.50 a gallon

i;ve heard of a haulage company paying £1.27 a litre for a full tanker just last week
so it shouldn't be long till this price increase hits us

My local Tesco was at 119.9 this morn and they are usually the cheapest by a good few pence. I personally think we should cut China off as it's their demand pushing the price up, if they just wen back to their dark days we would all be happy again, it works out in the long run, we get cheap s**t from the East but we end up paying loads more than we save by the rising fuel prices. Kinda an oxymoron if you ask me.

p.s. was in France the other week and it's 134.0 so they're not much better off than us and they barely pay half the duty we do.

when i started driveing which was not to many years ago think 5 years i was paying 69.9p per litre of petrol its nearly double that now that just makes my brain hurt :)

as for if you buy i litre @ 105.9p then you will get charged 106p as like someone said previously it gets rounded off to the nearest penny

according to that chart when i started driving petrol was just short of a quid a litre i am sure that isnt right i remember paying sub 70p a litre

according to that chart when i started driving petrol was just short of a quid a litre i am sure that isnt right i remember paying sub 70p a litre

It only just gone over a pound a litre?

JUst for interest

Of the March 2008 price of 103.9p/litre, 65.9p or 63.4% goes to the government (50.35p fuel duty and 15.5p VAT).

That is hurendous.

Back