people asking for reps !!!

smirnoff_rules

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
when l first started using this site it seamed that reps were a big thing but not many peeps knew about how to do them so l made a sig saying how , anyway after a week or so had this
sig-1.jpg

.ok not a problem and has times gone on l could see why , it gets on my tits when l see peeps asking .

well thats my rant

yeah i cant see the point,if someone want to give rep they will, asking for rep doesnt make you any moe reputable, ive been here ages and never recieved any and i cant remember ever giving any, not bothered with it to be honest.

I don't see anything wrong with peeps who help a lot asking for rep , we all want to know wot two green dots say ;)

hopefully the thread might enlighten peeps into knowing more about them without peeps asking for them to be left

We did away with rep a while back because people were abusing the system in this way. Might be an idea to ditch it again.

narabdela said:
We did away with rep a while back because people were abusing the system in this way. Might be an idea to ditch it again.

why and where is the abuse? it's a simple little thing that means a lot

:Cheers:

ITS NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED,

it doesnt influence me one way or the other..

but to add to this gripe what i dont like is people who you do a service or help that dont says thanks. rep im not bothered but a thanks for some help or files posted should be given.

many dont.

It means nothing if people are giving each other rep points for stating the obvious !

thommohawk said:
but to add to this gripe what i dont like is people who you do a service or help that dont says thanks. rep im not bothered but a thanks for some help or files posted should be given.

Agreed !

Last edited:
I have a rep but have no idea how I got it and wouldn't have a clue where to start to give someone a rep (probably my fault for not reading everything). Perhaps if someone posted a guide more might be given (where deserved).

thommohawk said:
ITS NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED

if you're not bothered about reps why bother to comment ? :D

BRING ON THE REPS!!!

smirnoff_rules said:
when l first started using this site it seamed that reps were a big thing but not many peeps knew about how to do them so l made a sig saying how , anyway after a week or so had this

.ok not a problem and has times gone on l could see why , it gets on my tits when l see peeps asking .

well thats my rant

the same thing happened to me when i 1st joined lol.

I dont think rep points are that important, but as thommohawk says, a simple "thank you" should be sufficient if a member goes out of his/her way to provide some info or upload some files.

english said:
if you're not bothered about reps why bother to comment ? :D

why???.....because im not bothered about them and had i not commented you wouldnt have known that, so why should i sit back and say nothing? its my opionion there not important hence my post, and the thread starter made a fuss about them, so my personal opinion is valid and i;ll air them views.

now if you would like to prove me wrong and state why they are important the floors yours.... no amount of green boxes makes me respect anyone, respect is gained from actions i see not how many green boxes a person has, especially when they do ask for them, and wasnt that the point of the thread? a rant about asking for rep??? rep means nothing in the form of a box, when was the last time you gave some or recieved some? when was the last time you looked at anyones rep? and did it make you think well of them??

my answer to the above is no, whats your answer?

kids like rep, grown ups form there own opinions of others on forums.

i didnt relise the rant room was only for people who where "for" and not "against."

i really must read the rules again.

my answer to u tommohawk is chill :)

I'm no 'kid' either thank-you

read up and see all i have to say on this subject

BRING ON THE REPS!!!

i got one the other day from someone whos post i replyd to just offering my view on a sertian situation ,,when i saw the rep message it made me pleases the user had found my opinionated crap usefull to them and i was happy about it. i guess its just a bit more of a personal way to say thanks .

Ok well my sig has been the same for quite a few months and as you can see I do say if I have helped you blah blah leave reps...

Only reason I have this is because I have used many other forums where Reps are a way of saying Thank you... I dont really mind having reps removed if its annoying everyone but it is nice to have a Thank You when you have helped someone.

well I'm not greedy or stupid I use one forum .. thats not saying that everyone else should I think a bit of loyalty goes a long way .. I've got 17 rep points and I probably asked for one .. the others where given to me out of respect .. Explosivo you were one :)

it's all good

l just think more peeps need good manners and just reply with a thanx

lol, i never said YOU was a kid, and im perfectly chilled thankyou...;)

i did read your posts in here and all i see is negativity towards people who say there not needed or they dont like them...

each to there own, but from this thread i see more people agree there usleless and not used.

i stick by my opinion, there not important and no one gives respect to someone if they have rep points, rspect is earned individually from experience with that person.

do you respect the dude in mcdonalds more than the worker next to him because he has more stars on his badge?

i dont,

respect comes from the experience "i" get from a person not from what others say about that person.

example: someone here could have 100 rep points, do i respect him? no why? because i have had no expierence with him so why does he deserve my respect? he doesnt. now if someone with no rep points helps me out then that person gains respect,

its not acurate as well with people asking for it, and the fact some people never give it even when they are helped out, then you,ll get the ones who rep for everything or rep there best bud on here. so someone whos helpful might not get rep for a good task and someone else will get rep off someone else for nothing more than a witty comment.

i think personally its a "look at me" thing "look how good i am ive got rep and more than you" thing.

only on the internet..........

i like this rant room lark it brings out the devil in people lol.

Back