pc wont display

unnamed1975

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi peeps

ive ot a pc to fix it frozen an the person switched it off by the wall now the pc wont boot nothing on the screen, the motherbored powers up i have taken the ram out and unplugged every thing else still no boot screen.

any ideas??

Are you trying to boot with no ram in it as it won't display anything without ram

Put ram back in and do you get any beeps when power up motherboard

Last edited:
Check the power supply first in another computer if you don't have a psu tester
Then if that ok check the ram in another computer and if that's ok check the CPU in a computer if that's fine which it probably will be as its quite rare nowadays for a CPU to go bad unless been really badly overclocked the motherboard is more than Likely faulty have you tried resetting the motherboard CMOS as if someone

Only way to work out what's wrong is get a psu and pci tester if you haven't got another computer to test parts

Well it can only be four things its just a case of eliminating what it ain't the psu should fit in any other computer so try that or try another psu in it then unless you got another motherboard to test the ram and CPU your have to get one as that's probably the problem anyway

Could try removing battery from motherboard and clearing cmos

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I would place money on the psu as this is the first port of call for a surge and they get knocked out. If they not chucking out the right voltage it wont boot the bios but still may show the led.

Back