Patch TM 5200 HD Super

Fulgas

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Everybody, I have been readying posts on Technomates here... I think I can still use my old TM5200 super I am keep in my store. Can somebody help with the new firmware and patch ?

Thank you

I am sure that they are in our downloads. You will need to have a look.

Alternatively try the following. Are you sure there is a HD in the name?
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Abu Baniaz,

It actually D not HD
I am going to check the links now

Cheers

I am sure that they are in our downloads. You will need to have a look.

Alternatively try the following. Are you sure there is a HD in the name?
Code:
Code:

Hi Abu,

I have extracted the firmware dated March 09 - 2012 . Do I load with USB or null cable?

Thank you

Fulgas

Thanks Abu Baniaz,

It actually D not HD
I am going to check the links now

Cheers

Make sure you download the correct one. There are patches released October 2012. Easy is best, so use USB.

If you brick it by using the wrong patch, then use null modem cable and TM/Darlkoader software.

It doesnt usually allow the wrong patch mate! I think most TM stbs tell you if its the wrong one before the patch begins to properly load!:Biggrin2:

I have a 5300D+USB super, my friend has a 5200D USB. I bricked his by using the wrong firmware. Very unusual unless the file was corrupt.

Thanks Mate,

I actually found the version of 22-10-2012

I loaded the file .stb into my USB and uploaded it as follows:
Menu >>> Usb>>>>then Green on the remote for the channel list
Is this all I can do with the file or I can also try the yellow for keys?

Thank you

Make sure you download the correct one. There are patches released October 2012. Easy is best, so use USB.

If you brick it by using the wrong patch, then use null modem cable and TM/Darlkoader software.

Hi Fulgas,

Everyone who uses the Technomate (non-linux) section of the forum will have their own personal method/procedure for updating/patching their receivers... and everyone's method/procedure will be slightly different... so baring that in mind... the following guide is based solely upon my own personal method/procedure... I'm not saying that this is the best way or the only way to carry out the updating/patching procedure... it's simply the procedure I have always used...

NB
I have tried to make this 'Guide' as detailed as I possibly can and as basic as I possibly can as it may also help other members of the forum...

First of all... it is advisable to delete/transfer all files from your USB Flash Drive before you start the whole patching/updating process... thus eliminating any confusion as to which files you need to 'Download' to your receiver or which file/s you have 'Uploaded' to your USB Flash Drive from your receiver... the uploaded file/s will be used later in the patching/updating process...

Next you need to download the following files to your PC...

NB
I have provided links (below) to TM Original Software for both the TM-5200 D Super and the TM-5200 D (just to be on the safe side)

Latest Technomate Original Software ~ TM-5200 D Super
TM5300D_5200D_SUPER_125_20120330 (1.09 MB)
Code:

Latest Technomate Original Software ~ TM-5200 D
TM5300D_5200D_136_20120330 (1.06 MB)
Code:

NB
I have also provided links (below) to Phantompatch's for both the TM-5200 D Super and the TM-5200 D (just to be on the safe side)

Latest Phantompatch ~ TM-5200 D Super
Phantompatch-TM5300D_5200D_SUPER_159p_22-10-2012.stb (1.3MB)
Code:

Latest Phantompatch ~ TM-5200 D
Phantompatch-TM5300D_5200D_192p_22-10-2012.stb (1.2MB)
Code:

Latest TMSoftcam Key file
SoftcamAll (Edited) No BISS 140113 (or) SoftcamAll (Edited) + BISS 140113
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/253293/#319

Insert the 'empty' USB Flash Drive into the PC
Unzip the latest Technomate Original Software file
Load/transfer the latest Technomate Original Software from the PC onto the USB Flash Drive
Unzip the latest Phantompatch file
Load/transfer the latest Phantompatch from the PC onto the USB Flash Drive
Unzip the latest TMSoftcam Key file
Load/transfer the latest TMSoftcam Key file from the PC onto the USB Flash Drive

Remove the USB Flash Drive from the PC

NB
Remember to use the 'Safely Remove Hardware' utility on the taskbar before removing the USB Flash Drive from the PC (this avoids any possible corruption of files stored on the USB Flash Drive)

Insert the USB Flash Drive into the TM-5200 D Super or the TM-5200 D
Wait for the USB Flash Drive to initialize on the receiver...
Press 'Menu' > 'USB' > 'Data Transfer' > Enter PIN 0-0-0-0 > then press the 'Green' button to 'Upload' the stored 'Channel Data' (aka) cndf file to your USB Flash Drive then check to confirm that the cndf file (channels/satellites/settings) has successfully uploaded to the USB flash drive and that it appears on the 'File List'... then press 'Exit' once...

NB
It is recommended that you keep a copy of your latest cndf file on your PC at all times and to update it regularly!!

Go to 'System Settings' > 'Factory Reset' > PIN: 0-0-0-0 > 'Factory Reset' > Select 'Yes'
Wait until the factory reset has finished then select your preferred language on the following screen

Go to 'USB' > 'Data Transfer' > Enter PIN 0-0-0-0 > select the Latest Technomate Original Software file from the 'File List'
Wait until the Latest Original Technomate Software has finished loading and wait until the receiver re-boots

Go to 'System Settings' > 'Factory Reset' > PIN: 0-0-0-0 > 'Factory Reset' > Select 'Yes'
Wait until the factory reset has finished then select your preferred language on the following screen

NB
Next time you go to 'USB' > 'Data Transfer' > Enter PIN 0-0-0-0 > you will notice that the Latest TMSoftcam Keyfile has disappeared from the 'File List'... this is totally normal and is due to the fact that the receiver does not have a patch loaded onto it at the moment...

Go to 'USB' > 'Data Transfer' > Enter PIN 0-0-0-0 > select the Latest Phantompatch from the 'File List'
Wait until the Latest Phantompatch has finished loading and wait until the receiver re-boots

Go to 'USB' > 'Data Transfer' > Enter PIN 0-0-0-0 > and select the cndf file (channels/satellites/settings) from the 'File List'
Select 'Normal DB' then wait until the the cndf file has finished loading

Go to 'USB' > 'Data Transfer' > Enter PIN 0-0-0-0 > and select the cndf file (channels/satellites/settings) from the 'File List'
Select 'Default DB' then wait until the the .cndf file has finished loading

Go to 'USB' > 'Data Transfer' > Enter PIN 0-0-0-0 > and select the Latest TMSoftcam Keyfile from the 'File List'
Wait until the the Latest TMSoftcam Keyfile has finished loading

Go to 'Installation' > 'Options' and set all AU options to 'OFF' > press 'Exit' > Settings were changed - Do you want to save? > select 'Yes'

Go to 'System Settings' > 'Time Settings' and reset time/date > press 'Exit' > Settings were changed - Do you want to save? > select 'Yes'

Go to 'A/V Output Settings' and configure to personal preferences > press 'Exit' > Settings were changed - Do you want to save? > select 'Yes'

Go to 'OSD Settings' and configure to personal preferences > press 'Exit' > Settings were changed - Do you want to save? > select 'Yes'

Go to 'Password Setting' > Enter PIN 0-0-0-0 > and configure to personal preferences > press 'Exit' > Settings were changed - Do you want to save? > select 'Yes'

Exit the menus and press 'SAT' on remote control and select the satellite position you were parked on before you started the patching procedure...

Press the Volume + button to set the default volume to your own personal preference
Press the Red button (Colour adjustment) to to set Mode/Brightness/Contrast/Colour to your own personal preference

N.B.
The Phantompatch can be switched ON/OFF in the Menu by selecting 'System Information' and then pressing 2-0-0-4 on the remote control

The CAS Menu can be accessed (when you are on any encrypted TV/Radio channel) by pressing 'Mute' > 'Exit' on the remote control

The ECM PID's can be viewed (when you are on any encrypted TV/Radio channel) by pressing 'Mute' > 'Exit' > 'Blue' on the remote control

The BISS Menu can be accessed (when you are on any BISS encrypted TV/Radio channel) by pressing 8-2-8-0 on the remote control

I hope this helps you and possibly others...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes mate, as usual Zorch gives us everything in chapter & verse, so that even a non pc literate bum like me can understand!! lol!!

Seriously Zorch, its brilliant mate - thanks!!:Cheers:

sorry to ask a stoopid question
i have a Technomate TM-5200D USB
and a Technomate TM-5402 HD CI+super+

i have never tryed too use any of the phantom patches as i am not sure what they do can anyone expain
I Did say it was a stoopid question both work well never had a problem never updated
any firmware either now you all have stopped laughin :) hit me with some info please
have a good day all this site seems a cracker of a site friendly people here

sorry to ask a stoopid question
i have a Technomate TM-5200D USB
and a Technomate TM-5402 HD CI+super+

i have never tryed too use any of the phantom patches as i am not sure what they do can anyone expain
I Did say it was a stoopid question both work well never had a problem never updated
any firmware either now you all have stopped laughin :) hit me with some info please
have a good day all this site seems a cracker of a site friendly people here

hi, its not a stupid question as we all start at the beginning. your TM5200D USB once patched with 3rd party firmware will give you access to a selection a encrypted broadcasts in dvbs/mpeg2 on 39east/23.5east/19.2east/16east/13east and 4.8east via softcam and internal rom... there are also about 25 channels is biss for which keys are available. your TM5402HD will give you access to the same channels as the TM5200D but also can use the ethernet connection when the addon file is applied although you will need to google cs for more info. the TM5402HD will also give you more biss channels aswell as others that are in dvbs2/mpeg4 and there are some good channels.. eg fox sports@30west.. you can get patches for your box from download center but make sure the patch is the correct one for your model as there are M2 versions and standard versions but if in doubt ask. when used with a motorised dish your boxs will give you access to epl footy,xxx,discovery/nat geo type channels,kids,music and movies along with the usual fta gems like mbc on badr4@26east,regards mdt

Back