PAT Testing....

uncle kev

Inactive User
Hi,

Anyone here do PAT testing for a living? Im thinking about doing it as a part time job between my shifts and Im after a bit of advice really.

Cheers

Kev.

Well I had sex with Pam St. Clement last week.

I wouldn't recommend it.

ellie1998

DW Member ++
Good money if you can get the work.
I have my pat testing certificate but never had any work to use it.

Kris

Inactive User
Some equipment we build at work gets put through our own PAT equipment but isn't an approved test.

To be honest, it doesn't seem very exiting at all but I don't carry it out myself.

uncle kev

Inactive User
Some equipment we build at work gets put through our own PAT equipment but isn't an approved test.

To be honest, it doesn't seem very exiting at all but I don't carry it out myself.
Im only wanting 2 - 3 days a week to boost my wage a little bit so Im not bothered if its boring as long as it pays.:proud:

mnc123

Inactive User
Money for old rope job especially if it's your own firm. We have to have them in and they are paid £5 per item tested. You can do dozens and hour and at £5 a time the money is soon rolling in. I had a box of old IEC leads in the corner of my room and I wasn't there when they did my area. When I came back they had tested every lead and stuck a tested sticker on them!, must have been 50 plus of the buggers and I threw them away in the end costing me a fortune, its cheaper to but new than to have them tested!!!!

J

Inactive User
Money for old rope job especially if it's your own firm. We have to have them in and they are paid £5 per item tested. You can do dozens and hour and at £5 a time the money is soon rolling in. I had a box of old IEC leads in the corner of my room and I wasn't there when they did my area. When I came back they had tested every lead and stuck a tested sticker on them!, must have been 50 plus of the buggers and I threw them away in the end costing me a fortune, its cheaper to but new than to have them tested!!!!
if u buy new ones u still need them tested m8
and if u threw them away u just cost urself more money
as its cheaper for retest than it is for a new item to go on there database

mnc123

Inactive User
Yep know that, I meant I threw 50 plus away and just buy a few as and when needed....Not paying £250 Plus to store them every year!!

TEST