Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Passive 3D

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
I went to see Santa tonight with the kids and they showed a 10 minute 3D cartoon Lapland movie, the glasses were passive like the cinema ones (no batteries)
first time I've seen 3D apart from a little demo in Best Buy

I was well impressed it was like you could reach out and touch a snowflake etc :)
so I went straight to Curry's and looked at LG 3D as I knew they had passive sets, knowing I had my Credit Card on me ;) lol

anyway I put the glasses on and and it didn't change :err: I still see the double edges around the 3D objects :(

Why is that ? lol

Too close to the screen maybe?

I find 3D tv's work best (for me atleast) from a distance of 6 foot or more.

Either that or you have forgotten that you stopped off at the pub on the ways to Currys. ;)

Last edited:
maybe too close to screen, but all 3 kids could see the 3D of the LG but me and the wife couldn't :err:

Kids tend to exaggerate mate and sometimes they're not even sure what hey are supposed to see, lol.

3D telly is cool, but I'm holding off until they create a set that doesn't need glasses.

That's a good point dave, the glasses were in a pot next to the LG so I took it they went with that tv

Sent from my iPhone

LG make passive and active sets. Does sound like you picked up passive glasses for an active set.

Glasses less 3D is out, you can buy it in NA and Asia. It uses the same system as 3DS and 3D phones. However the viewing angle and effect leaves a lot to be desired.

just got an lg 3d tv. was wondering what glasses are compatible with my tv ?

Active or passive ?

For active screens only LG ones. All the brands use different systems to sync the glasses to the TV. They have finally decided on a standard between the different companies so glasses will be interchangeable but it will be a while before we start seeing the technology filter through to production.

Back