Page Cannot be displayed problem

telsave

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi M8's I am continually getting page cannot be displayed messages whilst loading certain URL's. Sometimes clicking on the refresh button loads the page but not always.

For example I am trying to use Alexa.com for some WEB related research but cannot get it to load on my PC. I can get it loaded onto the lap top no problem and have checked all the settings in Tools; Internet Options on both machines they match up.

Can any M8 out there suggest what else I can try. I want to use Alexa's toolbar alongside Google and again cannot acces it. I tried saving it on my lap top and copying across on CD - it appears but does not fully function as some of the information has to come from Alexa.com which my PC obviously does not like.

What I should have mentioned is that when I try to load Alexa.com and get Page Cannot Be... The site rating tool bar on Google shows 8/10 as if Alexa was fully loaded.

Regards

Dave
:FLAG: Nearly the day for us all to stand attention! April 23rd

Quick tip..have you tried using the firefox browser to load up pages? Just to ensure whether this is a browser issue or a networking issue...

:Cheers:

Im getting this a lot to m8, esp with sites that have heavy usage...could be a server issue their end if this is the case...

Hi M8's thanks for msgs.

I will try firefox just in case but the strange thing is that my lap top and PC have exactly the same settings I can get Alexa no problem on lappy but not on the PC where I really want access.

Any further help greatly appreciated

as stated by previous post Alexa is considered a threat when systems scaned with spyware hunters.

it is worth checking out what you are loading to your machine.

webroot, pest patrol and adaware will all pick it up as potentially dangerous.

Back