outlook express error 550 0x00ccc78

avantgardy

Member +
Reaction score
HI everyone
I can't send any emails from outlook express and I get the above error number. It says the server rejected my email address. I've hade bt take over my computer remotely but they can't fix it. I've taken off and put back on oe. I've done a system restore and I'm about to start hitting my pc with a hammer. Anyone got any ideas?

This is my work computer and I can't change provider

HI everyone
I can't send any emails from outlook express and I get the above error number. It says the server rejected my email address. I've hade bt take over my computer remotely but they can't fix it. I've taken off and put back on oe. I've done a system restore and I'm about to start hitting my pc with a hammer. Anyone got any ideas?

This is my work computer and I can't change provider

Give us the rest of the error message pal, or is that it?

:)

Microsoft link here mate explains what the problem is

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011128331033.aspx

THanks

I sent about 700 emails from my business software. I suppose it is spam but it was to offer some my clients a discount. All of the people I sent the mail to gave me thier addresses and were happy for me to contact them. I'm sure I'm being blocked as a spammer or something but I've had 2 BT techies on my PC and they tell me the problem is with my PC as I can send mail from a web based mailserver using my btconnect details. I'll post the full message when I get to work tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

This is the full error message

I'm going to cal BT after my next client. I suspect they are blocking me. They should really know that though.

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'Re: [VoucherCodes] Contact Form: General enquiry]', Account: '[email protected]', Server: 'mail.btconnect.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 <[email protected]>... Not permitted', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Back