oscam on dm500s

karlos1

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've been reading about setting up a oscam server and am a bit confused. would i be right in thinking that it is possible to setup a server with a dm500s with oscam or does it have to be a dm800hd and also is the setup of it as easy as setting up a cccam server using a dm500s. any help would be appreciated.

yes u can use a dm500s look in the downloads section i posted the installation files just ftp them to /tmp and chmod 0755 and then go in menu to addons then manual install

that will install cccam and oscam

Thanks, i've installed that but i cant seem to find the config files, where do i get them from and what do i have to edit in them to get my server going. is it similar to cccam, where you put the fline and clines int the cccam cfg. in var/etc?

the config files go into var/tuxbox/config

u need 3 files

oscam.conf
oscam.server
oscam.user

here is a quick example:
oscam.conf
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

oscam.server

Code:

oscam.user

Code:

then all u do is put a L line in cccam.config:

L: 127.0.0.1 1002 test1 test2 0963 000000 256

so were it says boxid enter your boxkey without spaces
and u should be ready to go

i forgot to say these configs are working for sly uk

and it will au the card too

as long as u got a client set in cccam to send update to card

Please could you tell me how to send updates to the card as at the moment i pop the card in a dm500 running only cccam to update the card ?

Cheers

so, basically if i copy the files above and paste them in var/tuxbox/config and then just add the boxkey it would all be setup and it would work with sly uk. do i have to set the ports up in the router?

sorry, forgot to ask can i just copy and paste the above examples in notepad and name each one as oscam.conf, oscam.server and oscam.user? all thelp is realy appreciated. thanks

yes just copy and paste in notepad name files .etc then put L line in cccam config
u will need to set static ip for server and also forward the cccam port in cccam config
and also the newcamd port if the Au box is outside of ur lan

u will need to change port for newcamd its port 10000 at the moment to which ever port u like
and also change the port for cccam L line at the moment its 1002

[cs357x]
port = 1002

[newcamd]
port = 10000@0963:000000;10001@0963:000000

now people say using L line to cccam u can update card
but i use mgcamd1.35A in a dm500s

so to Au card using mgcamd u need to do following
make a user in oscam.user

Code:

then in dm500s var/keys newcamd.list

put cws like:
Code:

and in mg_cfg edit the following:
Code:

thats how mine is setup basically and it au's card in oscam perfect
once u got it setup easy way to check if it will au card is to go on sly website your account then change pin
you should see 1 or 2 emms go to card and process ok
if it does then it will au card ok

enjoy and remember to press thanks ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Fes best post on oscam if seen, fair play to you. Goin to have a go later thanks to you.

d i have to put the mg_cfg in or is it already in there. thanks for everything, where do i press thanks?

Hi Fes, so would I be right in assuming that when I do all the changes on the server I then just change the lines in the shares around my house from C: to L:

When u load mgcamd 1.35a make sure u download the configs or I can post them here too.
U give L line to ur cccam server all other clients connect to cccam via cline. U need to edit the cline that will send emms to 001 I think of the top of me head. Then try changing pin and see if u get emm

Sorry, im a bit confused, in post 4 you wrote "then all u do is put a L line in cccam.config:

L: 127.0.0.1 1002 test1 test2 0963 000000 256

so were it says boxid enter your boxkey without spaces
and u should be ready to go "

where do i put the cccam cfg with the above L line. do i put that in the server or the client and which folder on the server or the client, do i put it in?

fes786 thanks so much for a great piece of posting, I got it up and running happy camper here thanks to you.

look in oscam reader file it will say boxid thats were ur box key goes
now if u used the plugin that i posted then it installs oscam and cccam as a package on the server

cccam.cfg goes in var/etc on the server and L line goes into cccam.cfg on server
then to connect clients all u do is make Clines in cccam.cfg

remember oscam is only reading card 4 u, it then passes it to cccam were ur other ccccam clients connect

thanks for the info but I am confused. I thought oscam can work without CCCAM so then wy need to install cccam config?

Also once you have cccam how would you prrove that the server is oscam and cccam is acting as the client for the server box only?

I tried with oscam only on open pli image but to no avail yet your settings have done the trick

thanks for the info but I am confused. I thought oscam can work without CCCAM so then wy need to install cccam config?

Also once you have cccam how would you prrove that the server is oscam and cccam is acting as the client for the server box only?

I tried with oscam only on open pli image but to no avail yet your settings have done the trick

Although an old thread your post is valid so I will try answer,

If using Oscam alone on a server you don't need CCcam.cfg,but you do need to enable CCcam protocol in oscam.conf

sorry mate, my fault did not realise it was an old thread

I did have it enabled but then had to remove the commands (#) as it was not working.

might give it another go later,

is there any tutorial for using oscam only?

Back