Oscal Value ADVISE needed PLEASE

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I had pasted this post in another thread by digidude but didn get any replies - hopefully someone could point me in the right direction PLEASE?

I don't know what Kind of Pic chip progger I have but it does not seem to work with IC-Prog.

It came with its own software called MultiProg by TJ and has a desktop icon indcicated by a Banana with shades.

I am able to load the yaosm hex onto my 12F629 chip using it but there is no where in the software where I can capture an Oscal value - is this Value needed for anything in particular?

Secondly I downloaded Yaosm_12f629_675_smgtest4 uploaded by wiiman in the stickies but it contains 2 hex's, one ending d2a and the other ending d2b, which one would I use??
I could not download the hex for all chips for some reason :-(

Any help or advise on the above would me much appreciated.

Thanks for your time and help.

the d2a and d2b are 2 different types of drive chip inside the wii m8, you load the hex for the type of chip you have, there is a serial checker in one of the stickies that can give you a guide of what chip should be inside your wii by typing in the serial number

as far as i know the oscal value is important to the actual working of the pic chip, if you erase it then the chip is useless, i may be wrong on that though

i still havent managed to prog a single one with the yaosam hex yet lol

the oscal value is not important with yaosm/wiifree it will not affect the function of the chip.

Thanks for the replies guys, currently the oscal value of the chip is set to 0000 and now managed to get my pic chip progger to work with icprog - it takes reasonably longer to program my pic chip with icprog than it does with the proggers original software Multiprog and at the end of the pic being progged it asks me if I would like to set the oscal value to 3fffh or something along those lines as the oscal value has not been set. Should I click yes or no?

In the cheekymunkey guide it says to click NO and then to edit the oscal value to the one that I had read before, but as I never read the chip b4 writing to it - I have no idea what the original oscal value was!

Why is this issue with the Oscal value of the chip even mentioned in the guide/tutorial if it does not make a difference? I won't brick my wii if I do not get this value for some reason will I?

the oscal value is not important with yaosm/wiifree it will not affect the function of the chip.

The OSCCAL value provides a calibration adjustment for the clock speed of the chip for use by software that is timing critical. Even then by all accounts it's debatable how much use it is.

Yaosm is not timing critical, it does not use it, it does not matter what you put in it. But if it makes you feel happier, the original value would've been 34xx, e.g. 3412, if you want to put in something that looks right.

Back