Original Dm500 Tuner change Help

Johny48

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
i have a original DM500 c and when i opened it up i found i could remove the tuner so idea was to change the c tuner to a s tuner so bought one from china website it has less pins in it than the c tuner and when i changed it over i get nothing its like its not recognissed when i go to do a scan there is no sat options in the menu only edit bouquttes has any one had this problem or are the tuners in origanal boxes and clones not compatable or have i been sold a faulty tuner thanks for any help on this lads.

(i also changed the image several times but it still wont recognise the tuner)

cheers johny48

Last edited:
Hi
Thanks to raise this question this is exactly what i am looking for
anybody here?

cheers

i went so far with this project and it aint as simple as swapping tuner.
I even bought a de-solder station for getting the tuners out.
I believe you need to also jtag dream for sat config and i also read capacitors are needed,i will get back to it in winter but it is a ball ache ,prbably lot less hasle getting a 500s from china

best bets just to buy a new 500s mate, check ebay theres a few going cheap!

Hi
thanks i was thinking it would be a lot less hassel myself getting a clone 500s from china i have one more option just to test the tuner out my m8 has a 500c clone that no use to him since n3 hit so going to try that first just to test out the tuner thing. let yous know how i get on been away all week and not had much chance yet.

cheers johny48

China may not be the best option for a 500 when you can et them from the UK for 50 -60 quid. Takes out the risk of customs duty and a 2 week wait.
If you do want to order from China try DX they do a 500 clone 50 quid delivered.

Back