ordered vu+ duo, and 800se (clone)

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hello guys, just ordered myself a vu duo and an 800se, both clones.. need some help with images for both really, just want some experience with which you find best out of all the images you have tried for these 2 boxes, i loved vix image on my original duo i had but is there any newer better images, heard blackhole was good... and as for the 800se i have no idea what image to try 1st with that...

and finally is there a place where all latest images can be found for these clone boxes, i know there probably all on here but finding them all through all the other posts is a nightmare as there hundreds..

any help or guidance more than welcome!!!

PM'S welcome too ;)

hi chris

i only know the dm800se and dm800 . the dbuk images are very good and ramimaher mate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

hello guys, just ordered myself a vu duo and an 800se, both clones.. need some help with images for both really, just want some experience with which you find best out of all the images you have tried for these 2 boxes, i loved vix image on my original duo i had but is there any newer better images, heard blackhole was good... and as for the 800se i have no idea what image to try 1st with that...

and finally is there a place where all latest images can be found for these clone boxes, i know there probably all on here but finding them all through all the other posts is a nightmare as there hundreds..

any help or guidance more than welcome!!!

PM'S welcome too ;)

There should be a sticker on your Vu+ box with a web site to go to for all the images mate

There should be a sticker on your Vu+ box with a web site to go to for all the images mate
cheers bud its not here yet like, still in hong kong, lol, but cheers al take a look when it comes.

hi chris

i only know the dm800se and dm800 . the dbuk images are very good and ramimaher mate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
thanks mate ill have a look on google see what i can find!

cheers mate thats spot on, just what i was looking for, can never find them when i want them, lol!

Hmm could maybe do with a downloads tab/link at the top of the forum :)

Im using the BlackHole 1.6.6 there is a newer BlackHole image on the site from the sticker on the box but I couldnt get it to unzip so flashed it with the slightly older one. I would recomend the BlacHole, Im over the moon with my vu and the image. You might have to take the front to bits and straighten the display as the few ive ordered were all bent not to hard to put right tho.

Last edited:
Im using the BlackHole 1.6.6 there is a newer BlackHole image on the site from the sticker on the box but I couldnt get it to unzip so flashed it with the slightly older one. I would recomend The BlacHole Im over the moon with my vu and the image. You might have to take the front to bits and straighten the the display as the few ive ordered were all bent not to hard to put right tho.
cheers bud ill bare that in mind for when it comes as ill be taking the shell off to put a hard drive straight in anyway so will check that too... could you possibly send me the link mate in a PM to the site on the box so i can download them before i get it, thanks!

cheers bud ill bare that in mind for when it comes as ill be taking the shell off to put a hard drive straight in anyway so will check that too... could you possibly send me the link mate in a PM to the site on the box so i can download them before i get it, thanks!

PM Sent m8

just had a quick look at the site black_gold has sent me and it has this file at the top of the list

VU DUO secret chip update 120229

is this needed for all clones, i can only guess it makes the original images safe, am i correct, if not does anyone know what its for!

It makes the latest images safe no need for the older ones. The Blackhole does everything i want out of a box it also plays divex straight from a usb. I would recomend using a usb to store epg data and not the hdd so no spin down time.

Last edited:
It makes the latest images safe no need for the older ones. The Blackhole does everything i want out of a box it also plays divex straight from a usb. I would recomend using a usb to store epg data and not the hdd so no spin down time.
thanks bud, so how do i install that chip update, so i can refer back to this when the box comes... and yeah mate thats what i will be doing, usb flash drive 16gb, for epg, picons and timeshift, and hdd for recording.. i had an original vu+ duo not so long ago so know how to flash them and make them work (sort of), lol, just wanted to get info on the clones as they may have been different, appreciate all the replies, any other info more than welcome!

This needs clearing up again the VU Duo clone does not take Patched images like you would find on the Clone 800se, so no need to download from the the site thats printed on the label which is attached to the top of the box.

the only thing that is patched on the Clone Duo is the Kernel 3.1.1 file and that is it once this has been flashed you can use original images from any site you want Old or New it does not matter.

if you have only just ordered then you may get the new batch which has had the Kernel Patch flashed already just look for a sticker saying V2.0 if it has that on then you can get images from anywhere.

thanks for that digi247, so if it doesnt come with the updated kernal, whats the best way to update it and where can i find the files and how to do it, thanks!

There is only one way to update it and that is with the supplied IC chip serial connector and Null modem lead. Be warned though you cannot update the Duo through a USB to serial convertor it will not work you will ahve to find an old PC or laptop that has a serial port for you to update it, Takes all of 20s to do it.

I have a funny feeling though if you get yours and it has a V2.0 sticker on then its already been flashed so jobs been done. I have heard though that they have stopped putting in the IC Chip and Null Modem lead on the V2.0 Duo's, Dont take that as gospel its only what i have heard.

I have had mine a few months now and its working great infact its better than my 800se thats how good they are build wise.

yeah i have a pc with a serial port and a null modem cable so sorted on that front if it doesnt come with it already installed, as iv flashed plenty other boxes that way, just want to make sure iv got all the stuff needed and clued up on them both before they come, nowt worse than getting a new box and not knowing where to start or having no gear to start getting it setup, lol... just looked on the site i bought them from and no mention of the kernal version like so guess ill just have to see.. dhl still have my parcels in hong kong so iv got a fair few days to get upto scratch with them both!

Back