order from china

najalubar1

Inactive User
Reaction score
beware for processing time...

Last edited:
you should remember time differences :)
once posted its then down to the courier company to keep tracking up to date not the seller, once you have the tracking number you know the seller has done there bit :)

I remember tracing mine and it was up and down the M25 from Gatwick to Heathrow twice in 24 hours lol

some are lucky and receive there's within 3/4 days other times it can take 7/10 days

:)

Not to sure what you mean by processing times and also not too sure in terms of what exactly were you expecting?

Remember there are different time zones and different holiday patterns as well to contend with. I normally do some homework to make sure that the place hasn't closed up.

For my old dm800hd and my current dm800se they were both delivered within around 5 working days which if you think about it is fantastic. :)

but you only ordered yours the other day didnt you, so why did you even start this thread, as you havnt even received them yet to give your judgement on there processes of getting your items to you!

I order from china and I always get the shipment within 7 days.

Also, China is always having holidays you've got to take that into account.

Where did you order from.

Pm me n I'll have a look at the company.

Apology guys, this was my first order from China (and i was a little nervous due to some stories), also order procedure was a little confusing, as once i placed the order, its kept for 2 days as "Processing" and then after 2 days status was change to "Delivered", but after emailing to supplier they have sent me DHL tracking number and hopefully order will arrive in next 2 days.
So if any one want to order from trusted site from china (Mention in other thread), please go ahead without worries.

sorry guy but i wouldn't worry about the time when ordering dreamboxfrom china i would worry more about giving it back if it was faulty also di you pay them through paypal to make sure you are safe??

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I paid by Paypal

Ordered DM800SE & VU+ DUO, Both cost about $487 including shipping.

they both would have coast you £370 to £390 delivered from uk shop and you would have saved the hassel

There is no hassle though really
The boxes are in the UK so now it's down to DHL how quick they are :)

It's the members first buy from a Chinese seller do he is a little worried

Although I would say the problem would be if the box was faulty and you have the hassle of return/refunds, a UK seller is better then
:)

Sent from my iPhone

they both would have coast you £370 to £390 delivered from uk shop and you would have saved the hassel

I've seen reports of some UK sellers not even being remotely interested in dealing with you in the event of a warranty claim so for me it's not that clear cut.

I've seen reports of some UK sellers not even being remotely interested in dealing with you in the event of a warranty claim so for me it's not that clear cut.

totally with you, at least these Chinese will replace the faulty one (Though its hassle and cost postage)

the main factory to contend with when ordering from hina is if it gets stopped at customs and you get import tax at around £8 per unite, but still works out cheaper then buying from the uk. Thats not actually a bad price at all you got for the 2 receivers.

WoW what a service, order on thursday deliver Monday 11am. No tax, (VU+ Duo & DM800SE) total order

cost £317. Havent open the box yet, will let you know. .....

Could you share some opinions about the Vu Duo clone?
I want to buy onw myself.

Does it work with the original images? Is it a 1:1 copy?

I've just purchased a Duo clone and spent today setting it up, maybe I was expecting way too much as I'd read nothing but good about the Duo and therefore clones but I've been totally underwhelmed by it.

Why? you may ask, well the fan in the thing my son describes as a "like a truck" it is loud, way too load for a living room box, I've found the remote on it to be very directional, point it at the box else nothing. When zapping through channels you sometimes end up with a black screen, restart the box and the channel is there, I've read up on this and this apparently is a security issue and exhibits itself on the clone more so than on an original. Also for me, the TV that the Duo doesn't have HDMI so I connected it via SCART set to RGB which results in great PQ but the picture is heavily tinged green. Got around this by connecting the box via component in the end.

The box itself is humongous, my wife initially asked me why I'd brought the old video out of storage.

Apart from that it's not a bad box but my dm800se clone as far as I'm concerned has better build quality. looks nice and cute and does what it says on the tin.

Don't let me put you off though as the Duo is still a great box and I think in all honesty I just had too high expectations.

Take the front LCD panel off with a knife and see if the sensor is mis aligned or something.

Is the LCD display straight too as I've found them wonky.

Display looks aligned. When you say take a knife to the display, stupid question time :) but from the front or from the back?

Back