Optoma HD600x setup advice help pls

stevecuns

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i just got the Optoma HD600x with 3DXL (from a well trusted DW member..... :cool: ) & have a couple of niggly issues.
I am getting apx 85" diag at throw of apx 295cm (full zoom + blank white wall) The thing is no matter what i seem to do i carnt get the projected image to fully fill the 85" screen. There seems to be about 1" black around the edges of the projected image. I have tried some of the options ie overscan/edgemask ect but without succsess??

I have my DM800HD (720p / 1080I) box connected & have tried it set to both 720p & 1080I but seems to be the same size output on the screen. Will test the PS3/Xbox later.

The other niggly thing is trying to set the image up, ie contrast/sharpness etc
can anyone with the same projector suggest some values pls, i want a nice crisp clear picture nd have had a play but not come up with a solution yet. I messed around with some of the value that were allready set but forgot to write them down first.....doh!!

current user setup is

bright 48
cont 50
sharp 18
brilliantcolor 3
degamma film
col temp warm
rgb gain/bias "all zero"
color space auto

any help much appreciated

Cheers

Steve...

Another thing pls.....

now that i have gone 3D, do i have to change all my HDMI leads?? I carnt be sure but think they are version 1.3 atm

I have the possibility to connect DM800HD to 3DXL, PS3 to 3DXL, xbox360 to 3DXL & sumvision micro2 to 3DXL. then the 3dXL connects to the pj.

I have tried DM800HD & seems to work (apart from issue in post 1), PS3 need to retest with a 3D game, xbox not yet tested. sumvision seems to be showing 3D from an externall HDD

This 3D thing is all new to me & just want to make sure im getting the most out of it..

Do I need to now get hdmi v1.4a leads....

cheers

Steve....

Back