Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Optibox spider hd twin tuner

elmoemo

Inactive User
Optibox Spider

Is the box any good, does anyone have one? Tried to do some research but cant find much, doesnt seem to say anywhere that its linux so im assuming not at the 130 price. Anyone know anything about these?

Hi m8,
Have tried the optibox spider, you're correct....it aint linux....used it most days since xmas......twin tuner but I never got around to setting up 2nd one.
Used with diseqc 4 way to tune in 13 & 19 east for the most popular channels..... sport ,history,discovery an more educational stuff...don't know how long these are available.......also was impressed with the tuner when searching 10 east footy stuff.
If u try google search u can find a few support forums for the info you might need.

Cheers, port06

Hello Theblueirish,
If enigma 2 means linux capable , I think youre out of luck with this one....

Used it for a while for sports reception on astra at 19 east & hotbird 13 e.....& biss chnls on 10 east etc.,,,
Passed it on this week to my son, so he can keep his young uns happy or occupied with its junior chnls....

Just waiting now for the expected New spider ......for some more education an experiment....

Sorry I cant enlighten you on the enigma 2 side of things....

Best regards, port06

No probs, thanks for the reply.
I got two of these today for a customer who wants to run a sly card. It reads it out of the box using mcas but i am not sure if it will update. I was very surprised to see most of 28e opening without a card or line inputted.
I have been told they will do Enigma, will have to wait until morning to talk to the supplier.
Regards
Theblueirish

Thanks a lot m8 for your additional info,

So, a more interesting box than I thought then .....

Cheers, port06

yeah, not great on 28e but that maybe my broadband, supposed to do a lot on 19 and 13, will get a look over the weekend.
And confirmed not a linux box, thats the optibox evo.

Hi again m8,
28 east spot on, only one or two chnls gliching so looking like your broadband as u say is prob at present, but can likely improve at certain times.

Cheers, port0

Back