Opinions: Panasonic Viera TX-P50G20B

NL7

Inactive User
Reaction score
Any opinions on this? Looking to place an order tomorrow. Read reviews etc and also been on avforums, but the guys on there, although very helpful & informative, go into too much detail and i cant get my head round it lol

Also what the ideal viewing distance for a 50" plasma?

Cheers

Any opinions on this? Looking to place an order tomorrow. Read reviews etc and also been on avforums, but the guys on there, although very helpful & informative, go into too much detail and i cant get my head round it lol

Also what the ideal viewing distance for a 50" plasma?

Cheers

You'll not go far wrong with panasonic, and the G20 is a cracking TV, It's about to be replaced with the G30 so you should find some good prices for this (what have you been quoted), try here LCD TV Suggested Viewing Distance Calculator at DTV City for your viewing distance.

You'll not go far wrong with panasonic, and the G20 is a cracking TV, It's about to be replaced with the G30 so you should find some good prices for this (what have you been quoted), try here LCD TV Suggested Viewing Distance Calculator at DTV City for your viewing distance.

i can get one for £699 which includes 5yr warranty.... im slightly concerned bout the IR and the buzzing....

having looked at your link for the ideal viewing distance, it suggests i should be going for a 37"! Approx view distance is going to be 9-10ft... looked on a couple other distance calculators and it suggests that to get the most out of a 50" set, you should be sitting at a minimum of approx 6ft... got that info from here Understanding TV Viewing Distance and Flat Screen HDTV Sizes

i know viewing distances depend on the individual but any personal views would be greatly appreciated..

Last edited:
i can get one for £699 which includes 5yr warranty.... im slightly concerned bout the IR and the buzzing....

having looked at your link for the ideal viewing distance, it suggests i should be going for a 37"! Approx view distance is going to be 9-10ft... looked on a couple other distance calculators and it suggests that to get the most out of a 50" set, you should be sitting at a minimum of approx 6ft... got that info from here Understanding TV Viewing Distance and Flat Screen HDTV Sizes

i know viewing distances depend on the individual but any personal views would be greatly appreciated..

That's a good price with the warranty, Most don't see the IR or hear the buzzing I think it has only been a problem with a few sets, your warranty would cover you for replacement anyhow, I would say you would appreciate HD more with a 50" at that distance, although bad SD broadcasts would look awful, ask to see SD on it in the shop (or any shop if it's online) and you judge what it looks like.

a lot of the content will be viewed in sd so not sure now.... can also get a 46" for the same price so i suppose thats an option too..

i have a pioneer 50 plasma sitting around 13 feet away ,just about read the writing on screen.panny 37 in bedroom about 9 feet away from my head perfect picture with my sky+hd box and crappy picture on a protek with sd,also use a thing called a vcr gives a good picture,i dont think the shop that i bought it in has ever had one returned plenty of other makes.

Back