opened up 360

this could turn into " l have now had it and l am kicking my xbox around the room " thread lol .. lve had more luck with a-drives than usb sticks

LOL.... I think its getting there ;) I always used floppy in the past and done everything via the manual method before but read a lot of stories about failures and peeps bricking drives so I switched over to usb stick with iprep and not looked back since. We live in a world of choice and there are usually many to make so its just gonna be like the "which blank discs do I buy?"...at the end of the day its all down to personal preference and what works best for you me thinks ;)

LOL.... I think its getting there ;) I always used floppy in the past and done everything via the manual method before but read a lot of stories about failures and peeps bricking drives so I switched over to usb stick with iprep and not looked back since. We live in a world of choice and there are usually many to make so its just gonna be like the "which blank discs do I buy?"...at the end of the day its all down to personal preference and what works best for you me thinks ;)

mate im lossing it now big itme..just bin and got a 1gig usb stick put iprep and 1.4 bin flash on it and it siad all went well there ...went into bios and set to boot from usb zip..tryed to boot into dos and guess what same fckin thing again it gos to where it says verifying dmi pool data then STOPS on me ...

this ant good this i carnt get my pc to boot into doss even with a windows boot up floppy in and ive never had a problem befor and the only thing different in im in ntfs now not fat.....

also i unpluged all ide cables and just had the usb stick in tryed it like that dant work ....did no more tryed boot back in windows and it come up sating your hardware has been changed you have 3 days to re actavate your windows..

anyway had to regester windows again with Bill gates lol

this ant looking good i need to no why it wonna boot to doss when i set bios 1st boot as floppy or usb stick

HELP!

hmmm.... certainly ain't having any luck are you m8. The dos situation has nothing to do with you formatting your hd to ntfs m8. My drives use the ntfs file system and I dont have any trouble booting in to dos....as far as I am aware the only difference having the ntfs file system for your hard drives makes is that your hard drive isn't accessible but this makes absolutely no difference to your predicament when you do not require access to your hard drive in fact you dont even have it/them plugged in. All I can suggest is what we discussed in the p.m's m8 ;)

ok mate ive had it with this ill send you the drive if thats still ok with you and sort the money out for sending it back and a drink for you as well....

can you PM us your address so i can send it tomorrow

cheers mate your a star

ok mate ive had it with this ill send you the drive if thats still ok with you and sort the money out for sending it back and a drink for you as well....

cheers mate your a star

u could swap msn addys m8 alot faster u might be missin something silly , if u let
mxwizard take control of your desktop on msn he might see where u r going wrong

Last edited:

cheers mate your a star

m8 one last thing to try insert usb stick in turn on computer press delete or whatever to get into bios
click integrated peripherals then usb device setting and if the same as mine change the boot to fdd mode, that is the only way i could get my usb to boot.

also make sure boot from other devices is selected in the boot sequence.

Last edited:

cheers mate your a star

Like I said in the pm's....I dont want anything for doing it m8...just cover the postage...Its not as if you havent bothered... you've exhausted yourself in trying to do it yourself first so based on those grounds I'm only too happy too help you out m8.

m8 one last thing to try insert usb stick in turn on computer press delete or whatever to get into bios
click integrated peripherals then usb device setting and if the same as mine change the boot to fdd mode, that is the only way i could get my usb to boot.

also make sure boot from other devices is selected in the boot sequence.

ive give up mate and put pc back togeather and took the drive out of 360 to send to mxwizard...

thing what i dont understand is why i carnt get into dos even with a new freshly done windows boot up disk..it just stops half way saying verifying dmi pool data and thats it...

i opened the usb stick drive in windows and it looked to me all the files where on there..

@ mxwizard send us a pm mate with your addres so i can sort it tomorrow

cheers mate

THANX for all the help : thanks :

Last edited:
its sad when this happens on the forum m8 . lm sure u find out wot was wrong the minute u post the drive lol

its sad when this happens on the forum m8 . lm sure u find out wot was wrong the minute u post the drive lol

i dont no mate give up me lol ...thing is ive never had a problem befor getting into dos not when i had windows me in fat 32 on this pc

just need address now snd the drive off

cheers any mate

Sorry m8...was watching the footie lol.

All sorted ;)

Lets not call it sad cos youre making me feel bad now...almost as if I had a hand in helping him to decide to give up lol. I do know what youre saying though. The important thing here is that however it was sorted it was being a member of this forum that got the job done ;)

Bring her on m8.... She'll be back with you saturday :)

update.... have sent the drive off today so you sould get it tomorrow somtime...

cheers

:Cheers:

guy at post office siad your have it by tomorrow somtime

thanx and :Cheers:

She's here m8.... I'm amazed it got here with standard post lol. Thought you were sending her special or at bare minimum recorded....this usually deters the posties from stealing 'em lol. Anyways need to know what speed you want her running at ;)

nice one yeh no what your saying but i never had any problems..sent stuff me over 300 pounds just 1st class lol ....... anyway thatnx for letting us know anout this speed of the drive im not with ya..? speed doss it matter ide prob go for 8 speed me

? what do you recon mate

cheers

Last edited:
Entirely up to you m8....personal preference...AGAIN LOL.... so much of all this stuff is down to personal preference. I usually do all mine at x12 as this matches the stock speed so again its keeping things as normal looking as possible lol...personal choice though...know many peeps running them lower with no probs ;)

Back