Openbox S10 missing channels?

Jammy75

Inactive User
Reaction score
As the title says I'm missing channels on the box ie no signal, I've checked through the missing channels and they're spread over the various s*y satellites, tweaked the dish position and done a blind channel scan all to no avail. My next options are to try the box at a friends house who's dish I know is correctly aligned and use a better quaility cable between the stb and dish (currently 25m run of 5 year cable from selco). Do you think wiping the firmware, installing the latest which Exos has kindly uploaded here and adding swanside's channel list will have any positive results, the box was purchased with the channel lists already installed.

Any help is appreciated.

As the title says I'm missing channels on the box ie no signal, I've checked through the missing channels and they're spread over the various s*y satellites, tweaked the dish position and done a blind channel scan all to no avail. My next options are to try the box at a friends house who's dish I know is correctly aligned and use a better quaility cable between the stb and dish (currently 25m run of 5 year cable from selco). Do you think wiping the firmware, installing the latest which Exos has kindly uploaded here and adding swanside's channel list will have any positive results, the box was purchased with the channel lists already installed.

Any help is appreciated.

I would suggest trying it at your friends house before you do anything else,
If it works there then you can start changing your setup bit by bit to eliminate the problem,

If it doesnt then you can try reflashing and starting from scratch :)

Unfortunately since my last upload several of the frequencies have changed and/or the channels are no longer in use. I haven't updated my own ones yet, but if there are any specific ones try to search for the updated frequencies and add them in (of you do use the list)

Thanks for the advice fellas, is lyngsat any good to get the latest frequencies?

when i lost channels after frequency changes i just did a blind scan and the favourites usually updated and not i went through the all satellite channel list and found the missing channes and then added them to the favourite list by pressing the faovourite button on the remote

edogg

I tried a blind scan with no luck. How many channels are you meant to receive including radio when you do a blind scan at the 28.5 deg group, I'm getting somewhere around 560.

I think you mistyped because it is 28.2e you want i think you should have about 900 including radio

Thanks for all the advice fella's, all sorted now, turns out it was a dodgy LNB.

Hi Jammy, we have the same issue, i am gettign 500 odd here, but at a mates higher,

i beleive you changed your lnb and all cured,

was this your old lnb ? out of intrest

The reason being some lnb's are having issues with the openbox, it's drove me mad this weekend trying to get mine up and running, i am going to change the lnb as i have a replacement coming cheap,

Your thread inspired me to do it plus after trying at a mates and my box works fine on both his dishes finds more then my 500 odd

I am going to try and get to the bottom of this :)

Hi jakemuk1, that's the same type of LNB that caused me all the trouble, having no issues now. The one I replaced it with looks a bit battered (found it in a container at work), but, it has the four F connections and it works fine. It looks like the one in the attached pic.
SK34-500-3.jpg

thats very intresting jammy and thanks for confirming that,

seems those type of lnbs are funny about the voltages for switching

Back