Openbox S10 HD - Problem with wifi bridge

nextman1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an openbox S10 HD but as I had to run a very long Ethernet cable, which worked flawlessly, I decided to get a Vonets VAP11G wifi bridge.

I successfully went through the setup to link my router to the wifi bridge by using the Vonets software provided. However, when I connect it to my openbox it does not get any network connection. The light on the wifi bridge flashes like it is working fine.

Thinking the wifi bridge might be faulty, I connected it to my laptop and switched off the wifi on my laptop. I was able to browse the Internet without my laptops wifi being on, indicating that the wifi bridge is in fact working correctly.

DHCP is enabled on both the router and the openbox. I'm guessing there must be some way to 'set up' the wifi bridge with the openbox but cannot work out as to how I would do that. Could anyone shed some light on this and help me?

Thank you for your time.

Do you not need to set a static address on the bridge?

And you have it connected to both USB and RJ45.

Thanks for your replies.
It started working for a couple of hours but then stopped working again, which is odd.
I have it plugged in both the RJ45 and USB. Do you think it might not be getting enough power?

How would I get a static address?

on the openbox it is easy just goto internet/web setup and enter an ip like 192.168.1.25

edogg

Hi all, If you Wii box is not upto scatch theres a new box on the market called "Tenda" i understand that its not to bad

Back