Openbox s10 Hd not booting

hmusa1

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i have an orignal openbox s10, last week whilst watching tv the box reset it self and the only started to show ON and would not boot, i have had the box for about three months and it were running on the firmware that came in the box, however i forgot to back this firmware up so i do not have a copy of it.

i have tried to use various erom loaders to connect to this box and various firmwares, once i press the next button on the firmware tool and turn the box up i get it saying done on the stb synchronize however after 15 seconds or so i get "SET STB MEMORY ERROR".

I have varied my timings on pressing the next button and turning the box on hundreads of times but it still wont connect, i am using a pc with a deticated comm ports and have even made a null modem to do the job thinking my old one was no good.

please can someone help me in connecting to this box as i have used a variety of firmwares and loaders and none of them seem to want to talk to the box and flash it, is there also a jtag method that could be used on these boxes. i am now running out of ideas to connect this box

hi the s10 does seem to be suffering from reliability problems if it is less than 12months old i would contact the seller about a replacement under the guarantee

edogg

hi my mate got it off ebay for me a few months ago, i have emailed the seller from my account stating the serial numver of the box and the problem, i am just waiting for a reply now, as the box should still have 9 months gurantee left of it.
as my mate got the box off the seller would the gurantee still apply to me as i now have the box and the box itself has the gurantee, so the warrenty should still stand am i correct on that? as the box orignally came from the seller and it is under 12 months old

if the seller does not respond get your m8 to contact him as he could say the that is who he sold it too depends on the seller and how reputable he is ebay buyer protection might be your last resort but that would be through your m8

good luck in getting it sorted

edogg

Back